Bay Area BYCers!

HI all, I have been lurking on this thread but have yet to join in the conversation until now! We live in Sunnyvale and just got our first 7, now 6 chicks in the mail today and are very excited to start our little backyard flock. So sad that one of our chicks didn't make it. :( I am in a search for a 2 or even 3 replacement chicks and thought I'd put a feeler out to the local community. I am hoping to get females under a week old if possible and would like buff or lavendar orpingtons, RIR or even a leghorn. Any local breeders out there or ideas where to get a few would be great!! Thank you!! Jen

HI all, I have been lurking on this thread but have yet to join in the conversation until now! We live in Sunnyvale and just got our first 7, now 6 chicks in the mail today and are very excited to start our little backyard flock. So sad that one of our chicks didn't make it. :( I am in a search for a 2 or even 3 replacement chicks and thought I'd put a feeler out to the local community. I am hoping to get females under a week old if possible and would like buff or lavendar orpingtons, RIR or even a leghorn. Any local breeders out there or ideas where to get a few would be great!! Thank you!! Jen

welcome-byc.gif

There are several members on this thread who have different breeds and might have chicks available. I know that Cheryl (Omelet Ranch) always has an abundance of chicks! Her birds are gorgeous and she is so nice to work with. Here is a link to her website:

http://www.theomeletranch.com/

There is an ad on craigslist right now for Lavender Orpingtons. The breeder is in the Santa Cruz Mountains so might not be too far from you. I don't know anything about this breeder. They might be on BYC and I'm just not connecting the dots. Does anyone on here know anything about Santa Cruz Mountains Chickens? Here is the link for the ad & their website:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/grd/2809958727.html
http://www.santacruzmountainschickens.com/

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif

There are several members on this thread who have different breeds and might have chicks available. I know that Cheryl (Omelet Ranch) always has an abundance of chicks! Her birds are gorgeous and she is so nice to work with. Here is a link to her website:

http://www.theomeletranch.com/

There is an ad on craigslist right now for Lavender Orpingtons. The breeder is in the Santa Cruz Mountains so might not be too far from you. I don't know anything about this breeder. They might be on BYC and I'm just not connecting the dots. Does anyone on here know anything about Santa Cruz Mountains Chickens? Here is the link for the ad & their website:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/grd/2809958727.html
http://www.santacruzmountainschickens.com/

Thank you for the ideas! I guess I must be searching in the right places because I looked at the omelet ranch and also saw the lavendar orps. :) I just wish that the lavendar orps were sexed then I would definitely get one. Looks like we are going to get a few from Alamo Hay and Grain tomorrow, they have the right age and breeds- yay!

Anybody have a smaller sized used coop they're getting rid of? I want to seperate out my bantams from my standards this spring. I'm in Concord and will travel to pick it up. Thanks.

Anybody have a smaller sized used coop they're getting rid of? I want to seperate out my bantams from my standards this spring. I'm in Concord and will travel to pick it up. Thanks.

Not a coop, but I have a cage that was used for canaries. Iy has 4 drawers and can be separted in 4 sections.Made with upper and lower levels. It might be able to be converted. Your's if you want it.

Too dark for pics and having surgery in the morning, so will take a couple of days for pics. It's sturdy, but not perfect.

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow! I have a large dog ex-pen that I can fill with pullets for the time being. Thanks for the offer. If I don't find something we can talk after you're recovered. I appreciate the offer truly!

Not a coop, but I have a cage that was used for canaries. Iy has 4 drawers and can be separted in 4 sections.Made with upper and lower levels. It might be able to be converted. Your's if you want it.

Too dark for pics and having surgery in the morning, so will take a couple of days for pics. It's sturdy, but not perfect.

I'm planning to take one of our chickens in for a visit to our pre-school to show her off to the kids. I have a couple of questions: what's the best way to transport a chicken? I was thinking a cat traveler or similar. Also, I was planning a game or 2 with the kids, one I was thinking of is Poop Bingo (chalk out numbers on the ground and whichever number the chicken poops on wins a prize for the holder of that number). Does anybody know any other chicken games that 4 and 5 year olds would enjoy?

I'm planning to take one of our chickens in for a visit to our pre-school to show her off to the kids. I have a couple of questions: what's the best way to transport a chicken? I was thinking a cat traveler or similar. Also, I was planning a game or 2 with the kids, one I was thinking of is Poop Bingo (chalk out numbers on the ground and whichever number the chicken poops on wins a prize for the holder of that number). Does anybody know any other chicken games that 4 and 5 year olds would enjoy?

yuckyuck.gif
I've never heard of poop bingo - thanks for the laugh - and the idea!

So John, have you by any chance been to the bar Ginny's Little Longhorn in Jamestown that offers that game for their patrons?? That is where I first heard of it. Inebriated adults or 4-5 yr olds cheering for a chicken to poop would be equally hysterical. The kids will love it.

So John, have you by any chance been to the bar Ginny's Little Longhorn in Jamestown that offers that game for their patrons?? That is where I first heard of it. Inebriated adults or 4-5 yr olds cheering for a chicken to poop would be equally hysterical. The kids will love it.

I'm actually a Claire! First saw that game at an Elementary school fund raiser and thankfully none of them were inebriated! I like the sound of that bar though.....

Back
Top Bottom