BDutch's bantam flock & natural breeding projects #5 🪺 🪺 and #6

So he can sleep "peacefully "? :lau:lau:lau
Yeah!
Peace Sign GIF by MarchForOurLives

The silly cows kicked another egg out. I listened and the chick was peeping.
Put it back under momma Ini mini. (Marked #6) .
No hatches yet.
Soap Opera Chickens GIF by Hey Duggee

Hoping you get some babies soon!

I never expected to hear/read a Dutch Bantam (or any small bantam) keeper describe their birds as "silly cows"! Hilarious:lau!

They're all doing really good! I've picked out my keepers from the Tsouloufates, although they'll all stick around for quire a while longer.

On the serama front, no females unfortunately. They're all males. I won't be keeping any, which is a shame, because they're really nice. The good news is that I know my birds produce nice offspring. So hopefully next year I get some nice serama pullets
20240616_164946.jpg

That’s a real pity. :hugs

Can’t you collect eggs and try again at the end of June or early July? Only Serama’s this time.

I had bad luck this year too with the early hatch and I’m afraid this hatch won’t be successful either. (Still hoping for a late hatch with 2 females).

I was wondering if it wouldn't be better for Tintin if he finds a new home. He’s getting harassed a lot and I feel sorry for him. But finding a new home at this age (11 weeks) will be difficult. And in another flock he probably has the same problem or maybe even worse.
So I suppose he has to grow into maturity to become the flock master and with a bit of luck he might give me some weird looking offspring next year.

Sulmtaler x Dutch / Sulmtaler x RIR (all bamtams).

I already decided that the next hatch will be with an incubator. A friend bought a Brinsea for 20 eggs with an autoturner I can lend next time.

My broodies are too mean, getting too old or too unreliable to hatch. And I would like a bunch of chicks once more that don’t run away as soon as they see me.

But first wait and see. If a miracle happens and I get 2 ladies from Ini mini and Black it can wait.

Back
Top Bottom