Pics
Hi everyone,

I’ve just stumbled across this thread (I’m more of a lurker here 🤣) and was thrilled to see Watermaals still have a good following although they’re not at all common. Anyway, my daughter got a pair of Watermael from Kristen G (I’m assuming she’s the same lady I’ve seen posting on this this thread) in Oct and we absolutely adore them.

I wondered if the Association Facebook group was still active and if someone could send me info on how to get my daughter a membership in the breed club (if one still exists).

Obligatory picture of ours from the day they arrived.

Attachments

• IMG_2215.jpeg
    IMG_2215.jpeg
    580.9 KB · Views: 13
Hi everyone,

I’ve just stumbled across this thread (I’m more of a lurker here 🤣) and was thrilled to see Watermaals still have a good following although they’re not at all common. Anyway, my daughter got a pair of Watermael from Kristen G (I’m assuming she’s the same lady I’ve seen posting on this this thread) in Oct and we absolutely adore them.

I wondered if the Association Facebook group was still active and if someone could send me info on how to get my daughter a membership in the breed club (if one still exists).

Hello! Welcome to the thread and it's nice to hear your daughter wants to keep working with them! They're such a really fun little bird. The Watermaal Club is still active and we would love to have new members! If you are on Facebook, you can join the United States Watermaal Society page in the interim and here is the information to join the Watermaal Club. We are revamping the Club (votes are out for new Board members and updates to the Club Constitution) and it's still very new, but it's a fun, small group of dedicated Watermaal breeders and enthusiasts that love adding similar minded people to the group! :)

I don't have the new member form on me, but this is the pertinent information you need to join the Club! Kristen is the current Secretary and should be able to get you squared away.

1702070877818.png

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the thread! The Facebook group has been a bit quiet lately but with such a small group it tends to come and go a bit. Those birds are adorable, are they Quail or Blue Quail?

Welcome to the thread! The Facebook group has been a bit quiet lately but with such a small group it tends to come and go a bit. Those birds are adorable, are they Quail or Blue Quail?
I thought they were quail but now I’m not totally sure lol. Do you have examples somewhere of the difference?

I’ll have to email Kristen and verify.

Just checked my email threads and they are quail.

I thought they were quail but now I’m not totally sure lol. Do you have examples somewhere of the difference?

I’ll have to email Kristen and verify.

Just checked my email threads and they are quail.
Looking back they're 100% normal quail I'm not sure why I thought they might be blue, I'm blaming it on finals being next week 😅

If I wasn't already going polish bantams for my friends daughter I would love to try these guys out. Don't think I've seen any at the one Texas show I go to. (Not showing any birds yet, we just go to you know physically window shop)
Wellllll if you decide you have extra room…they’re pretty tiny and would take up very little space! 😄 They’re so chill…I took Christmas pics today and they were the only ones that cooperated enough to get nice pictures 😍😆

Attachments

• 4492CFC2-2304-4C2A-B9F7-CC3C2667F6C9.jpeg
    4492CFC2-2304-4C2A-B9F7-CC3C2667F6C9.jpeg
    402.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 74F5BEAC-8946-4F5D-88C7-0F6050DCD0F2.jpeg
    74F5BEAC-8946-4F5D-88C7-0F6050DCD0F2.jpeg
    359.3 KB · Views: 4
  • FAC4CDCC-D93B-4B93-AC54-FFBB127A56A1.jpeg
    FAC4CDCC-D93B-4B93-AC54-FFBB127A56A1.jpeg
    391.5 KB · Views: 5
  • D3D9C330-4C35-4C85-8256-B535248BB540.jpeg
    D3D9C330-4C35-4C85-8256-B535248BB540.jpeg