Bloody/mucousy poops more than one bird.

Are you close to Tulare, Turlock, or Davis? If so you could have a cheap fecal test done at one of the UC Davis CAHFS labs.

Either way, I think you should start Corid ASAP.

I am very close to Turlock and I will keep that in mind. I had in mind for if I ever needed a necropsy done but didn't even think of it for this!

If you get the liquid Corid, it can be easier to give a couple of drops orally twice a day of the undiluted liquid, just to jumpstart the treatment. Dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid Corid or 1.5 tsp of the powder Corid per gallon of water for 5 days. In bad cases or if the chick is not better soon, give another 5 days at 1/3 of the dose.

If you get the liquid Corid, it can be easier to give a couple of drops orally twice a day of the undiluted liquid, just to jumpstart the treatment. Dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid Corid or 1.5 tsp of the powder Corid per gallon of water for 5 days. In bad cases or if the chick is not better soon, give another 5 days at 1/3 of the dose.

OK, so I bought the liquid and I will try the drop method tonight on the bad one.

I did 25ml in a 5 gal bucket but your info means I need to add another 25, so thank you! I went off the dosage on the bottle.

OK, so I bought the liquid and I will try the drop method tonight on the bad one.

I did 25ml in a 5 gal bucket but your info means I need to add another 25, so thank you! I went off the dosage on the bottle.
Are your birds going to drink 5 gallons of water in one day?

Mix only the amount they drink in 24 hours. Make fresh batch every 24 hours.

Back
Top Bottom