Bow Legged Duck - HELP!

Nicole_Hutchison

Songster
Feb 8, 2019
Fayetteville, AR
Hello!

My poor 4 week old Pekin Duckling is bow legged (both legs) and it is getting worse on one side. One side I can tell is harder to walk on and the toes on one leg are starting to be close together versus farther apart. At first I thought it was a Niacin deficiency, but after getting our duckling niacin for over 1 week without any signs of improvement, I am getting worried. Bad leg is not getting more bow legged, but it is getting harder for my duck to walk on. Still eating and drinking a ton...but I am wondering what I can do to help my poor duckling. ANY advise would be appreciated! :)

I am adding a powder supplement that contains a little niacin as well as a niacin 500 mg. that I am opening up and adding part of the powder from the pill to the water (I do not add the powder from the entire 500 mg pill to the water. In addition, every other night I have also mixed a little niacin powder from the capsule with a little water in a separate tiny bowl and had the bow legged duckling drink from it.

Not the best pictures, but here is my duck at 1 week and 4 days old...then another pic at 4 weeks old

Attachments

• Duck_4 wks.jpg
    Duck_4 wks.jpg
    595.7 KB · Views: 484
  • Duckling_1 wk. 4 days.JPG
    Duckling_1 wk. 4 days.JPG
    404.7 KB · Views: 471
Something else I forgot to mention. I touched the right foot (that leg that is bowlegged) and the duck was squirming in my arms. I touched the left foot (bowlegged as well) that is getting worse and the duck did not move much at all and I felt like he or she did not even feel me touching the left leg. Could the ducks left foot be numb because of being bowlegged?

Back
Top Bottom