*Buff Orpington Thread!*

good morning all :) i posted a month or so back asking about my buff chick and at the time most seemed to be leaning towards roo. im posting a few more pics at 12 weeks cuz im still not sure hahha :p let me know your thoughts! i tried my best to get clear pics but with an iphone and chickens WHO WONT STAY STILL it was an interesting adventure :p thanks!! this one shows the colors better tho the head is blurry this is the best shot i could get
I'm saying hen for sure, I had a buff that I was also unsure about until that age but at 12 weeks if it was a rooster you'd have wattles and a larger comb by now. She'll be laying for you in a few months.

My black Orp with her new baby, was a surprise to everyone. She would appear once or twice a day for food or water then I could never find her. Anyway on the weekend I found her digging for bugs with her new friend!. Very cute, hoping it's a hen. Extra wing tips which I've heard could be a good sign for a hen. Any suggestions about the wings?
girls do tend to feather 1st

My black Orp with her new baby, was a surprise to everyone. She would appear once or twice a day for food or water then I could never find her. Anyway on the weekend I found her digging for bugs with her new friend!. Very cute, hoping it's a hen. Extra wing tips which I've heard could be a good sign for a hen. Any suggestions about the wings?

Awwwww.....that baby is so precious! I agree about the wing tips being a good sign for a hen. We have a little Choc Orp roo that is 21 weeks old and he still isn't fully feathered. His sister on the other hand had those extra wing tips early on.

Eggness decided to nap under our wood stove. This little girl has officially stopped growing haha a whopping 2.5 pounds. I don't know how this happened haha

Awww how cute she is. I wouldn't worry to much Pancake at almost 39 weeks just reached 5 pounds. She seems healthy and happy other then not having started laying which I figured was because she was still in growth when it turned dark and cold.

Back
Top Bottom