*Buff Orpington Thread!*

Beautiful weekend...took some photos :)
Those are beautiful birds...are they full American standard orps?...or do they have some english orp in them...? They are majestic...! I have 25 pullets and 2 cockerels coming...they shipped today from cackle hatchery. I have ordered from them before and they have always shipped good chicks so hoping for more this time. Do you sell hatching eggs from them...?

Those are beautiful birds...are they full American standard orps?...or do they have some english orp in them...? They are majestic...! I have 25 pullets and 2 cockerels coming...they shipped today from cackle hatchery. I have ordered from them before and they have always shipped good chicks so hoping for more this time. Do you sell hatching eggs from them...?
Thank you for your kind comments. My rooster is 100% English and I have three hens that are Clevenger/Farthing American. I got those lovelies from NorCal chickens. Some of the girls in those photos are from those parents so they are 50/50 English/American. I only rarely sell hatching eggs when I clean incubators a few times a year. I sell chicks weekly from my facebook farm page.

Thank you for your kind comments. My rooster is 100% English and I have three hens that are Clevenger/Farthing American. I got those lovelies from NorCal chickens. Some of the girls in those photos are from those parents so they are 50/50 English/American. I only rarely sell hatching eggs when I clean incubators a few times a year. I sell chicks weekly from my facebook farm page.
I had some English/American cross last year...my wife's mother had some illness and we had to be gone for several weeks and had to sell them because no one to take care of them while we were gone...really really REALLY hated to lose them. Here is a pic of General Lee...my favorite of all time...and he was HUGE...! Biggest rooster I ever saw. He is 87.5 % English. His granddaddy is 100% English and is a national champ named Bullion.

Drumroll....... Lucy's 4 week old portraits.

Only she had to be restrained because otherwise she wouldn't stay still. Hahaha.

These were taken a few days ago

This one I was devastated to see start to turn red....this chick was super sweet, but right around the time he started getting that first hint of pink, he started acting ridiculously tough all the time lol
enhance

This one is calmer, but is my "must step in all food" butthead. He has the second biggest/reddest comb now.
enhance

This is one of the two we believe are pullets.....she's the more nervous of the two, but is the best baby in the brooder at using the roost.
enhance

I think he goes without saying lol. Fastest comb in the west, and the friendliest of the boys.
enhance

The one in the picture sitting on my shoulder. This chick is a doll, and our 2nd one who looks to be a girl.
enhance

This guy is angled so it's harder to see his comb (which has puffed up in the last couple of days), but you can kind of see the pink waddles starting. He's a butt.
enhance

This brat. He has the worst attitude of the bunch. His comb is still small, but is very dark, as are the wattles coming in.
enhance

Very nice! One of the most gentle birds we ever kept was a BO rooster.

Back
Top Bottom