BYC members in Massachusetts?

IMG_3882.JPG I have a small flock of Silkies in Newton, but sadly I have a beautiful friendly 8 month rooster I need to rehome (city doesn't allow them). If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Dodge Grain, Salem NH.
I have been shopping there for YEARS and take the hour round trip because they are a family Biz and they are always nice and helpful.

I think that changed.
Saturday I got 2 bags of Shavings. I ASKED if they have 2 different sizes because I need the bigger size. Even showed on my fingers how big I was talking about... 1-2 inches long by 1 inch wide. Sure no issue the person said, great, 2 bags please.
I have NEVER had a problem before with their shavings.

I had already cleaned out the coop before I went up there because I thought I had 1/4 bag left. Nope.
1 bag felt a bit lighter, other heavier. I open the lighter bag because it looks like one of the staples was missing. No biggie. I open and cut off the staples from the bag so they don't get into the coop.
Dump 1/2 bag out....... IT'S SAWDUST !! I didn't even look in the bag before I dumped it. SO PISSED !! I can get Sawdust for FREE.
Yesterday I go to Dodge to return the one bag and kind of complain.

Now, I don't like confrontation, so I don't go in blaring.
Tell the girl, who do I talk to about a return and a complaint. She goes and gets a guy.
As this Guy is walking inside he says " Oh Great I Love those kind of Customers"

I explain my issue, already knowing he is not happy. He is Unsympathetic saying that they only get one kind. I explain I have always gotten the bigger flakes here. He argues about it. I say that they should make sure that the employees say that when someone asks specifically as it took me 40 minutes to get up here.
He could have given 2 shits.

If he was apologetic and said he was sorry I would be ok with it all........ but he didn't even care.

After going there since 2002 I will no longer be going. So sad that 1 critical customer service mistake can ruin it for me. I will no longer, at my age, let someone be rude. If you want my business then TRY to be nice

I will gladly go to O'Conners in Billerica and pay $3 more for the convince of not having to drive to NH.

Dodge Grain, Salem NH.
I have been shopping there for YEARS and take the hour round trip because they are a family Biz and they are always nice and helpful.

I think that changed.
Saturday I got 2 bags of Shavings. I ASKED if they have 2 different sizes because I need the bigger size. Even showed on my fingers how big I was talking about... 1-2 inches long by 1 inch wide. Sure no issue the person said, great, 2 bags please.
I have NEVER had a problem before with their shavings.

I had already cleaned out the coop before I went up there because I thought I had 1/4 bag left. Nope.
1 bag felt a bit lighter, other heavier. I open the lighter bag because it looks like one of the staples was missing. No biggie. I open and cut off the staples from the bag so they don't get into the coop.
Dump 1/2 bag out....... IT'S SAWDUST !! I didn't even look in the bag before I dumped it. SO PISSED !! I can get Sawdust for FREE.
Yesterday I go to Dodge to return the one bag and kind of complain.

Now, I don't like confrontation, so I don't go in blaring.
Tell the girl, who do I talk to about a return and a complaint. She goes and gets a guy.
As this Guy is walking inside he says " Oh Great I Love those kind of Customers"

I explain my issue, already knowing he is not happy. He is Unsympathetic saying that they only get one kind. I explain I have always gotten the bigger flakes here. He argues about it. I say that they should make sure that the employees say that when someone asks specifically as it took me 40 minutes to get up here.
He could have given 2 shits.

If he was apologetic and said he was sorry I would be ok with it all........ but he didn't even care.

After going there since 2002 I will no longer be going. So sad that 1 critical customer service mistake can ruin it for me. I will no longer, at my age, let someone be rude. If you want my business then TRY to be nice

I will gladly go to O'Conners in Billerica and pay $3 more for the convince of not having to drive to NH.

Wow so sorry that happened to you! That's awful :/

I wonder if maybe it is still family owned but they just have a family member that doesn't want to be there? Sometimes that happens. Son, grandson, nephew or something that just works at it for the job but doesn't really care, just getting the money. And sadly often the younger generations just care less in general than older people or don't want to go into the family business, etc. And I am youngish haha

Maybe there is someone you could contact?

Looks like they have a form on the site

http://www.dodgegrain.biz/contact-us

I am sure the grandfather/owner would like to know if there is someone misrepresenting the company and/or being rude to customers. Even if it is his own grandson.

And sometimes they (businesses) hire their kids' and grandkids' friends too or college kids who need a job.

So that might be the case.

I would see if you could call or email the owner though but if you still do not want to go there anymore that is understandable too. But I'm sure they would like to know. According to the website they are still family owned.

I love how people always complain that the internet is killing their business, sometimes businesses kill themselves. Ive had 2 instances where I've tried to shop locally, and it sucked! I was trying to buy something at a local store, they didn't stock, and I got an insurance quote from an agent that was really high, and felt like I was bothering them!

.. why did he buy a truck ??

I 2nd the trailer hitch idea.
Or if your car has a rack on top you can tie it ?[/QUOTE]

LOL! Right Why DID he buy a truck??? I call it a fake truck anyway....He is just crazy about trucks and cars in general. We all have our crazy and his is about vehicles, hey he puts up with my crazy which involves chickens living in our study so I can't really complain:D

Although actually I'm scared to drive a trailer. I can barely drive the car as it is lol I have issues backing into things sometimes. Haven't backed into much, only 2 or 3 times in 2 years, but still

Although actually I'm scared to drive a trailer. I can barely drive the car as it is lol I have issues backing into things sometimes. Haven't backed into much, only 2 or 3 times in 2 years, but still
I'm a truck driver so I don't mind the trailer. Since we moved to the country, as we call it, my husband wants a truck too, which is a surprise since he's a city slicker and drives a Prius! (but he did grow up in a very rural place)

I'm a truck driver so I don't mind the trailer. Since we moved to the country, as we call it, my husband wants a truck too, which is a surprise since he's a city slicker and drives a Prius! (but he did grow up in a very rural place)

Trucks are definitely useful!!

Back
Top Bottom