Pics
Makes sense. I was just reading something i read about tiel prices ages ago and a few people said petshops where asking prices like that. Apparently alot of bird prices went up after covid. I personal don't think it's too horrible, most people are gonna think twice about impulse buying a $400 bird and won't consider it "replaceable".
Would i spend that much on a tiel? Nope 😅
Yeah, same thoughts

I was wondering how parrots, predominantly large parrots, would take to chickens! Thought it wouldn't end well, but I'm clearly wrong!
Sophie tells them to shut up if they get loud. Otherwise, either one just looks down at them. They are high up on perches so always about 4' apart. The parrots have never once gone down to the ground and no way the silkies could ever get to them even if they wanted to.

After 8 years of them doing this, I then hear people say parrots and chickens don't mix and shouldn't due to diseases. Well, neither have any. We live out here in the boonies and everyone's fine. 😊

aviary temp coop3.jpg

Sophie tells them to shut up if they get loud. Otherwise, either one just looks down at them. They are high up on perches so always about 4' apart. The parrots have never once gone down to the ground and no way the silkies could ever get to them even if they wanted to.

After 8 years of them doing this, I then hear people say parrots and chickens don't mix and shouldn't due to diseases. Well, neither have any. We live out here in the boonies and everyone's fine. 😊

View attachment 3849805
Curious if you've ever had the birds tested for parasites?

Back
Top Bottom