California - Northern

There were some young quail, ducklings, older birds, rabbits, a cavy and a chinchilla. That was pretty much it, oh, a few supplies and used cages. I talked about your birds though, someone was looking for a dark egg layer, I told them about Marans, welsummer and all your birds. These pens are each 4 x 12 with a 4 x 4 coop.
Deb how many birds can go in each one?

Just got back from spending the morning at the Orangevale Small Animal Exchange. It was a pleasant day (not too hot) and lots of chicken talk. I sold a fair number of birds and have several people coming up to the house in the next week to buy birds that I didn't have with me.

I also have a family coming up tomorrow to pick two show birds for their 4H children. I love to help get kids started and will send them home with some kick @ss show birds!

I love to see the kids with their birds. I'm going to be running the youth poultry show at the CA State Fair this year.
How fun! I hear doing poultry for 4H is one of the most challenging animal choices because there are so many varieties. I'm sure sometime soon my daughter will want to do that. I'll know who to come see...

I rehomed some silkie roos that had potential today to a 4h family. They already showed cattle and pigs. And the grandma had shown silkies as a young girl, so she was super excited. It will be exciting to see babies I raised at the fairs!

It depends on the breed.  The runs are 48 sq ft and the coops 16.  I use them for my bantam breeds., so I keep about 6-10 birds in a pen.
Ok mine will be large fowl and some will be orpingtons. And I will have probably like you, 6-8, or so. What size coop would you suggest for each run? My runs will be larger though.

Does anyone know about the Bar-Ale GMO free feed? The place I'm trying to get to bring in the King Feed carries the Bar-Ale feed and she brought in their GMO free feed from them for me to try.

Comparing the tags, they're pretty close except that Bar Ale doesn't have the snap peas, peanut hulls and lima beans. And some of the stuff is in different orders although both list Ground Wheat and the first ingredients.

I think someone posted a questions about Bar-Ale feed but I don't think it was their GMO free feed, anyone have experience with it?

Someone used Bar Ale--I think it was Pet Rock or Juststruttin. I do not think it was GMO Free.

Capayvalley chick may have used it too. Did it have Mineral Oil in it?

This is a GMO Free feed they offer. Here's a pic of the tag.

Back
Top Bottom