California - Northern

winning this contest is not a good thing.

w.
I hear you!

My Mom was born two years after you in 1940.

I was born in 1960. Those of us born then are Viet Nam war babies as well as the end of the Baby Boomers.

I still do not have any Grand Children but I do have a Daughter that is a Freshman in High School. It is odd having children that are the age that Grand Children would be.

I hear you!

I was born in 1960. Those of us born then are Viet Nam war babies as well as the end of the Baby Boomers.

I still do not have any Grand Children but I do have a Daughter that is a Freshman in High School. It is odd having children that are the age that Grand Children would be.

So what you are saying Ron is that I am old enough to be your father.........lol

All of a sudden I am feeling old. I have 49 and 50 year old sons and a 21 year old grandson.

w.

I hear you!

My youngest is just 3 years older than my oldest grandchild. It is strange to be Grandma and Mom at the same time. The grandkids love to come over to see Monet and their relationship is more like cousins than aunt & nephews/nieces. I greatly admire those grandparents who, due to circumstances, take over raising their grandkids full time.

My youngest is just 3 years older than my oldest grandchild.  It is strange to be Grandma and Mom at the same time.  The grandkids love to come over to see Monet and their relationship is more like cousins than aunt & nephews/nieces.  I greatly admire those grandparents who, due to circumstances, take over raising their grandkids full time.

Agreed ! My grandson and son are 2 1/2 yrs apart. Looking forward to them growing up together wrangling chickens out back for me;-)
I have home schooled all five of mine and it looks like the grandbaby will be as well. We shall see as it's hard in the pocketbook and I'll hold no judgment against them either way.

This whole way of life can be hard on the pocket if not careful;-) a bear paid a visit to my car ,the neighbors car and my husbands truck. Passed through the chix yard but didn't even touch the grain! Muse be a garbage bear:-( I just kept thinking " not my new flock please" when I went out to check the damage. The stinking dog didn't even bark! Stealth bear?

1965 and I appeared on Sesame Street once when I was really young because we lived in New York when it was first starting up. I didn't see the show I was on, my mother told me I was on - but I do remember Big Bird. He looks NOTHING like a chicken!

Agreed ! My grandson and son are 2 1/2 yrs apart. Looking forward to them growing up together wrangling chickens out back for me;-)
I have home schooled all five of mine and it looks like the grandbaby will be as well. We shall see as it's hard in the pocketbook and I'll hold no judgment against them either way.

This whole way of life can be hard on the pocket if not careful;-) a bear paid a visit to my car ,the neighbors car and my husbands truck. Passed through the chix yard but didn't even touch the grain! Muse be a garbage bear:-( I just kept thinking " not my new flock please" when I went out to check the damage. The stinking dog didn't even bark! Stealth bear?
I have home schooled all 6 of mine. Well, I am still teaching the youngest. I think that out of my 6, only 1 or 2 will home school their kids.

Wow! So glad that your chickens were okay! The only bears that I have seen in the "wild" were garbage bears. One was actually raiding a large dumpster kind of garbage can.

Back
Top Bottom