California-Southern

Pics
In the past when I've needed to make an inquiry like this with the city, I would call and identify myself as someone who was interested in purchasing a property within city limits, needing to know about the municipal code, so I could ask about the legal issues without being identified with an address. If you were to try something similar, at least you would know where you stand.

New here... Haven't read all 63 pages to see who is close by. I am in Thousand Oaks on a lil ranchette with a menagerie of animals from horses to a tortoise. Current brood include a Modern Game roo, two Polish hens, and five young Cuckoo Marans. Hoping to increase the flock at the Seaside show. Currently seeking an intervention to curb obsession with Sebrights. Should be more practical...

Also hoping for feedback or insight on the Trading Post stock. They are in Oxnard, I believe.

welcome-byc.gif
woot.gif
welcome-byc.gif

Waving hello from Pasadena! Sorry, can't help with the intervention. Struggling with the same thing myself! But unfortunately on less property. I'm maxed out at two dogs and 6 hens (well, 2 EE hens, 2 EE pullets and 2 marans babies, but they grow up so fast!).

Los Angeles - Need To Rehome a beautiful rooster and a chicken.

Hi Everyone. I rescued a rooster and a chicken over a year ago. The rooster got attacked by 3 racoons and I nursed him back to health. He made a full recovery.
I built them a coop and became very fond of both of them. Their names are Emma and Oscar.
They are both friendly!!. Unfortunately my personal situation has changed and makes it impossible for me to keep them any longer. I'm looking for a good home for them!!
I will drive them within in southern California to whoever agrees to give them a good home!
I can be contacted: [email protected] or 213 - 949 4590
Thank you
45530_img_2839.jpg

Nanni... hope you were able to rehome. Haven't posted in a while, because not much happening. My two Calico bantam cochins are now over 3 and 4 months old. I can't wait for them to start laying because I am curious at the size of their eggs, lol! My two barred rocks and one UNK lay daily and I love having fresh eggs. I still haven't been able to safely mix both groups of chickens, but am trying to get the older ones to be used to having the cochins around. The cochins are now in the coop with the older hens, but they sleep in a cage. Anyone has any magic advice on who to introduce newer chickens to older ones?

Quote:
I am turning into the "rescue the lame and infirmed" chickenlady so hopefully I have the magic advice...
smile.png
hu.gif
I put up a fence divider in the run so that everyone can look/touch/squabble but not actually get at eachother. And I leave it in place until I notice that they don't bother with all that junk. I feed them goodies right next to that fence line too. So far it has always worked for me. AND, I watch to see WHO is the troublemaker....once they have been in this situation for a week, I start interviening and if I see a troublemaker always pecking at the newbee, I tap [hard] on the offenders neck to let her know that is naughty and to stop it. It takes some time and effort on your part, but hopefully they can all get along eventually. I have a crazy assortment of gamey hens LF and Bantam size, and 2 seramas all together. My seramas always come in the house at night but otherwise they are outside. I hope this helps.
fl.gif

woot.gif
CALLING ALL YOU SOUTHERN CA BYCers!!
woot.gif
Please go to this thread to check out what us chickenheads are trying to do, HAVE A GET TOGETHER TO "TALK SHOP" ~~SWAP~~SELL~~ AND GENERALLY HAVE FUN! I am compiling a list of members in the LA and IE area so that we can find a midway place to meet. Right now Riverside seems to be a good midway point. Any suggestions and/or input~~~~~please let me know!
ya.gif

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=5854022#p5854022
p.s. I hope I am not doing a no-no by posting this...
hide.gif
fl.gif

Beautiful eggs Alicefelldown, I would like to incubate some but I not ready until next month. So I'll get back to you. I hope that some one can use them. Just how many chickens are you supporting?

Back
Top Bottom