California-Southern

Hi everyone,

Is anyone near Anaheim and willing to check in on my 6 girls 2-3 times between Sep 3-11? I'm going out of town, and I would love to have an experienced eye take a look at them while I'm gone. They are fully self-sufficient in their run, so it's just a matter of making sure no one is bleeding, and maybe giving them some treats and loving on them a little.

I can repay you in many favors, manual labor, a small amount of cash, Disneyland entry, or future eggs.

Msg me if you're able - and thank you!!

Just look at how sweet they are!
wish I lived closer I would do it in a heart beat. And yes they are very sweet

Hi everyone, Is anyone near Anaheim and willing to check in on my 6 girls 2-3 times between Sep 3-11? I'm going out of town, and I would love to have an experienced eye take a look at them while I'm gone. They are fully self-sufficient in their run, so it's just a matter of making sure no one is bleeding, and maybe giving them some treats and loving on them a little. I can repay you in many favors, manual labor, a small amount of cash, Disneyland entry, or future eggs. Msg me if you're able - and thank you!! Just look at how sweet they are!
My bf and I can do it. In fact we can swap chicken-sitting in trade if you'll be around in 2 weeks. :) We're going camping locally for the weekend, Aug 15-17. It's only 2.5 days max, and we were thinking they'd be ok on their coop, but if you're willing to swap chicken-sitting, we'd feel better about it knowing another chicken person can check up on them at least once and give them some veggies from the garden and some treats. We have another weekend in October where we might not be around due to a wedding, and we'd also feel better if someone could check up on them then too. Ours are self-sufficient in their run too (though of course they prefer to free range all day, but that's just not possible on days we can't let them out in the morning and lock them up at night).

I haven't seen the other place yet, but I would rather sit in the grass under the trees while my chickens also play in the grass. I am disappointed that the city still has not the addressed the other questions like; waiving the fees and insurance requirements, putting our event on their calendar so we don't have this problem in the future. I was hoping that they would be more accommodating, but I wasn't expecting it.
This is the email I received yesterday. They just can't answer any questions... Rick,

Neal Snipes Park is not the appropriate facility for you to do what you have been doing. Even though you have been doing it for the last four years without incident, it was without the knowledge of the City and is not permissible. Many events like yours are held at the 4-H barns which is more conducive to the type of event it is.
I’m sorry that it is not what you want to hear, but it is his decision.

V
I haven't seen the other place yet, but I would rather sit in the grass under the trees while my chickens also play in the grass. I am disappointed that the city still has not the addressed the other questions like; waiving the fees and insurance requirements, putting our event on their calendar so we don't have this problem in the future. I was hoping that they would be more accommodating, but I wasn't expecting it.

[COLOR=4E5665]This is the email I received yesterday. They just can't answer any questions... Rick,[/COLOR][COLOR=4E5665]
[/COLOR][COLOR=4E5665]
[/COLOR][COLOR=4E5665]Neal Snipes Park is not the appropriate facility for you to do what you have been doing. Even though you have been doing it for the last four years without incident, it was without the knowledge of the City and is not permissible. Many events like yours are held at the 4-H barns which is more conducive to the type of event it is. [/COLOR][COLOR=4E5665]
[/COLOR][COLOR=4E5665]I’m sorry that it is not what you want to hear, but it is his decision.[/COLOR]

It is easier to say no than to think rationally.
Is it also forbidden to walk your dog in a park? Or maybe if someone asked permission it too would be disallowed.

The meetups are all fine in the SD parks.

It is easier to say no than to think rationally.
Is it also forbidden to walk your dog in a park? Or maybe if someone asked permission it too would be disallowed.

The meetups are all fine in the SD parks.
That's interesting.
More chicken friendly communities?
Some cities classify chickens as "exotics" and others consider them too unrefined.
Associating "chicken" and "normal" doesn't seem to fit today's nomenclature.

I too get tired of dealing with rediculous antics of ignorant people where chickens are concerned. We should leave Norco behind and do it elsewhere.

Birds flying around and cats passing through and stray animals along with wild animals are fine in a park, but chickens with owners are illegal? Oh and all these people who have dogs off leashes at parks with children around, think its fine. There are many dog bites that have require medical attention. Frustrating!!

I too get tired of dealing with rediculous antics of ignorant people where chickens are concerned. We should leave Norco behind and do it elsewhere.

Birds flying around and cats passing through and stray animals along with wild animals are fine in a park, but chickens with owners are illegal? Oh and all these people who have dogs off leashes at parks with children around, think its fine. There are many dog bites that have require medical attention. Frustrating!!

I am going to pay a personal visit to Parks & Rec in Norco, I am planning on going this week, with papers in hand from the Board of Equalization and MANY questions and statment of facts for these people.

I'm not getting tossed out of a PUBLIC PARK for NO valid reason! :barnie

Back
Top Bottom