California-Southern

I have a broody hen ... my first ever!!! My bantam Frizzle cochin is 9 months old and only been laying for 6 weeks but she has had it!!! All that effort and nothing to show for it .... Of course she went broody 2 weeks after I rehomed my rooster.
th.gif
So I am looking for some fertile eggs to put under her .... I'd love some Marans, Polish??? I am open to others.... I would love to find some close .... ANybody have some??? I am in West Los Angeles.

Thanks!!!!

Well... I just went to Whole Foods and got a dozen fertile deeeeeeep brown eggs... possibly Marans? I hear they hatch lovely babies! And I'd never EVER EVER give your babies away aaggjg.... evah... us so cal girlies gotta stick together. I'm just putting out lots of positive thoughts and hopes for loads of wee Orps!
ya.gif

Hi! I live in Upland. I've been into chickens for only a month, and already I'm finding out that chickens aren't allowed here. I'm considering just getting them anyway, though, if I can't get the city to change it.

I'm in Orange County, near Angel Stadium.
I have a young white "Show girl" Silkie roo for adoption to a good home.

approx. 3 - 4 months old.
began crowing about a week ago.
Likes to let you know when it is 3am, (and 3:05, and 3:09, and 3:12, and......)

Would anyone here be interested in adopting him ? (FREE)
He must go quickly,due to local ordinances prohibit keeping a rooster.

Anyone ???

Last edited:
"Cruella DeVille" (that's what my daughter named him),
is not mean at all.
He has been regularly held and handled, and enjoys being carried, petted, etc.

I don't want to get rid of him at all, because he is so goofy/funny looking.
(I like goofy looking) hahaha
He looks like a "Sneetch" from the Dr Seuss kids books.

If there was a way to stop his crowing, he'd be staying right here...
But since that's not going to happen this side of the crock pot,...
He's gotta go asap.

About the silkie roo, I sure hope that you find a new home for him. I live too far. But I want to suggest keeping him in the garage overnight in a covered container until you find a new home for him. I have had trouble keeping rooster inside the city also and this plan does help keep the crowing quiet for the night.

Back
Top Bottom