California-Southern

Bought a pre-fab coop for 4 online, waiting for it to arrive and will make some minor alterations to give some more range room in the run section of it. Now, the hard part of finding where to buy young adult chickens...narrowed down to Buff Orp and Australorp. I'm gonna start with four hens and see how we do. Any ideas where I can get them? Lots of online eggs and chicks but I don't have the time home to raise them...I need them close to or at laying age. Near Hacienda Heights (CA) would be great, but probably gonna have to go out towards Norco or Chino?

You can try Wes's Pets & Feed i El Monte 626-442-0781 4424 N. Peck Rd. [closed on Mondays] Faz always has an ecclectic assortment of chickens..OR yes you have to go to Norco after that.
But Norco is just a hop/skip/jump from Hacienda Heights....takes about 35mins...there is a post on CL for laying hens for sale $15, saw it this AM...LOL I have one RIR that is available too. Drop me a line if you might like Moa. I rescued her and she is in great health now and laying a giganormous egg 6 days a week. I have seramas [mini chickens] she kinda is 10 times their size, but is gentle with them. LOL

Great info! Thanks! Someone else mentioned the CL post in another thread I started about it. Hopefully my coop come this week and we can get started soon! I'll let you know how/when/what and might take you up on yours adoptee. I understand the pickin's are slim in the winter?

Pickins are slim on hatching eggs and chicks, but older birdies [especially roos] seem to be on the upswing right now. Check both LA & IE CraigList ......happy hunting...

Welcome SixHix and Kian.
welcome-byc.gif

I'm in Burbank with 4 girls although I'm probably going to get two more next month since we're going through eggs right now like crazy.

Here's a picture of one of my girls, Potpie, she's such a ham for the camera!

Back
Top Bottom