Can someone help me deal with grief?

My chicken just died of sour crop of this mourning and she was everything to me. I could always come out and play with her at the end of a rough day and I just miss her already so so so much because I know it will never be the same.
The pain will turn into happy memories as time passes. We've all been there :hugs:hugs:hugs

@Addie and Ari There are rare occasions when we develop a strong attachment to a particular animal, and we’re not even sure how or why it happens. We just know it’s special. I’m so sorry you lost your hen. 😞 I can tell you for certain that your heavy heart will heal. And, you’ll also find that there’s more room for another one as sweet as her.

:hugs
For me, there is only one way to heal my broken heart when an animal I love dies. And that is to get another animal to love. The new animal cannot "take the place" of the one I lost, never! But only another animal can fill that empty hole in my heart and give me some comfort. That is what works for me and how I honor the one I loved and lost. I wish you peace as you find what works for you.

I'm so sorry. I just came home from work and the chick I had who was attacked this morning passed away while I was gone. I feel grief and also a tremendous amount of guilt and regret for not being more cautious in the way I integrated her into the flock. There's no worse feeling than knowing you let down an animal that depended on you for safety and health.

I do agree with @BigBlueHen53 , you had this love that you were giving and that has value. Some very lucky animal now has the chance to be a part of that. When/if you're ready, shining that love on another animal is a wonderful gift.

Back
Top Bottom