Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Pics
We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Just clucking along with the chicks. :)

View attachment 3813542View attachment 3813543

Wow it's been a while since I was on here! We lost all but one of our flock a couple summers ago due to coons. But we bought our surviving lady some friends. We moved up north last May and added way more layers. Also did a run of broilers. Have 70 2 week olds growing currently. And we have more than chickens now! We also have 10 kunekune pigs. Life is fun for sure!
We need piggy pictures!

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Thank you for the lovely message. The coop and covered run were completed and I purchased 12 chicks in November. In February we discovered 6 of our flock were roosters!! The young lady I purchased them from came and checked them out. She was extremely pleased how well they looked and was kind enough to exchange the boys for girls. I did keep the Buff Brahma rooster as he is quite charming. On February 3 we had 2 eggs. Last week we had 44 eggs in 4 days from 11 hens. Most of all our life is filled with joy. May your day be filled with blessings....and joy, lots of it.

It's been a busy time out here. I do have a hen that keeps getting picked on. I'm separating her, and then I'll try to reintroduce her!
Sometimes they get picked on because they are ill. Check her real well for lice and or mites.

What size is your coop?

Hi! I am currently in the middle of finals finishing up my first year of vet school! I’ve had chickens for 10 years now! Raising backyard chickens was one of the reasons I wanted to become a vet.
I currently have 3 chickens! the one in the back of the Photo is 10 years old. My family has been taking good care of my hens while Ive been at school!
View attachment 3813176
What type of vet are you going to be? Specialize in poultry or maybe rabbits?

Thank you for the lovely message. The coop and covered run were completed and I purchased 12 chicks in November. In February we discovered 6 of our flock were roosters!! The young lady I purchased them from came and checked them out. She was extremely pleased how well they looked and was kind enough to exchange the boys for girls. I did keep the Buff Brahma rooster as he is quite charming. On February 3 we had 2 eggs. Last week we had 44 eggs in 4 days from 11 hens. Most of all our life is filled with joy. May your day be filled with blessings....and joy, lots of it.
Wow your girls are laying well!

Thanks for checking in. It's been a while but unfortunately during the pandemic and starting a new job at the time, I lost my only house hen to a coyote during the day in the yard. It was super sad and I have moved to a new home now, still settling in and finding a new housemate, but hope to adopt a couple hens again soon.

It's been going good. Unfortunately all of my ducks and chickens but 1 have passed away but geese are definitely my new hobby. I have two more sebastopols this year and 6 more chickens. I still have my turkey hens and my older geese.
Do you still have dogs?

Back
Top Bottom