Chicken math is calling!

Pics
😬I ordered 20 chicks that arrived 2/28. 20 was more than I wanted but due to shipping minimums that’s what I ended up with. So to be responsible I sold a few to my neighbor(this was agreed upon at time of order) and then after that had a coworker purchase some. Well chicken math hit my coworker too and they ended up taking more than I thought so now I just have 9left. I just found out my local feed store just had chicks arrive today!
9 is plenty.
I don’t need more than 9 chicks.
My baby is leaving for college this fall so I definitely don’t need that many eggs for just my husband and I.
I do not need any more chicks.
But I ordered marans and I’m pretty positive all those were taken, so I could just go look to see if they have any of those in….
Really, the 9 I have seem healthy, it’s not like I should plan to lose any before they start laying.
But what if some are boys, they are only 90% accurate at sexing them…
9 is fiiiiiiine.
The store probably already sold any marans they had anyway.
9 will be good, I can order again next year.
The store opens at 7 tomorrow…..
:gig :gig

Update: so this week I found out that our local Fleet Farm is selling chicks this year.
I texted my husband showing the cute little things…
Turns out he KNEW about them and didn’t TELL me!!!
So to punish him I let him think that I was bringing some home. (Even though I didn’t at the time….I’m still thinking about it, haven’t ruled it completely out yet…)
IMG_5002.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom