Chicken poop

Rhenae1977

Chirping
Mar 26, 2023
Hi. A few days ago I got two Polish chicks. One of them has runny poop. It is still eating, drinking, and acting normal. Is this anything I need to be worried about? And what do I need to do to clear it up?

Thank You
IMG20240426071716.jpg

Attachments

• Messenger_creation_4f6d8fd8-1ffc-4d63-bf4d-5f07c168a683~2.png
    Messenger_creation_4f6d8fd8-1ffc-4d63-bf4d-5f07c168a683~2.png
    296.5 KB · Views: 3
Watch for any lethargic chicks, standing hunched or puffed up, or not eating. That with runny poops or blood could be coccidiosis. Corid liquid or powder for cattle treats that. Cecal poops are fermented in the cecal pouches between the small and large intestines. They occur several times a day.

I've seen the runny poop maybe like 2 or three times so far. Should I separate them and start on corid? The bird is not acting lethargic. It is eating and drinking and acting normal.

Chicks tend to have runny poops, but just keep an eye on them. Get some Corid just to keep around, since it can become scarce in spring and summer. If I were going to treat with Corid, I would not separate it, but treat all of the chicks. Dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid, or 1.5 tsp of the powder per gallon of water, changed daily for 5-7 days.

Chicks tend to have runny poops, but just keep an eye on them. Get some Corid just to keep around, since it can become scarce in spring and summer. If I were going to treat with Corid, I would not separate it, but treat all of the chicks. Dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid, or 1.5 tsp of the powder per gallon of water, changed daily for 5-7 days.
Thank you so much. I have been so worried. I will definitely do this.

Back
Top Bottom