chronic blood in eggs

Jenbirdee

Expecting Miracles
Premium Feather Member
Aug 9, 2020
Maryland
one duck i’m pretty sure it’s my one year old white layer named Sugar, she has a little broken blood vessel’s blood in about 1/3 of her eggs. she also poops out a lot of white liquid. everything else about her is seeming to be normal.
i’m hoping it will go away in time. is there anything to do about it besides a vet visit

one duck i’m pretty sure it’s my one year old white layer named Sugar, she has a little broken blood vessel’s blood in about 1/3 of her eggs. she also poops out a lot of white liquid. everything else about her is seeming to be normal.
i’m hoping it will go away in time. is there anything to do about it besides a vet visit
I would not worry too much. Eggs pop out of the ovary sort of like a pimple popping. A small blood spot is considered normal, especially with young layers.

The white “poop” is actually a bird’s version of urine called uric acid. It comes from their kidney’s filtering blood. All birds and reptiles make it instead of urine, it requires less water. When mixed with water it makes the white paste. Since our ducks drink lots of water, a more watery consistency doesn’t seem abnormal to me. If your duck acts off, or there is lots of blood, I would seek a vet. But, otherwise I wouldn’t be concerned.

I would not worry too much. Eggs pop out of the ovary sort of like a pimple popping. A small blood spot is considered normal, especially with young layers.

The white “poop” is actually a bird’s version of urine called uric acid. It comes from their kidney’s filtering blood. All birds and reptiles make it instead of urine, it requires less water. When mixed with water it makes the white paste. Since our ducks drink lots of water, a more watery consistency doesn’t seem abnormal to me. If your duck acts off, or there is lots of blood, I would seek a vet. But, otherwise I wouldn’t be concerned.
thank so much. i was leaning that way, just wanted to get a second opinion so to speak. ☺️ tyty!!

Back
Top Bottom