Colorado

I'm right there with you! I'm in there every other day to see what chicks they have. I already have more than I should, so I'm resisting the urge. All this talk of hatching chicks isn't helping. lol. Good thing my husband tore our brooder apart to use the wood for something else!

On another note, I might be interested in raising meat rabbits. Murdoch's had rabbits last year, but they don't think they'll have them this year. Anyone know anyone with rabbits?

All thee people who don't approve of chickens or set limits to how many you can have we should make them raise three and then after a few years of going to places like Murdock's and seeing the baby chicks and not being able to get them will solve all out problems.

All thee people who don't approve of chickens or set limits to how many you can have we should make them raise three and then after a few years of going to places like Murdock's and seeing the baby chicks and not being able to get them will solve all out problems.
I can't count the number of times someone has said, "I will never keep chickens. Chickens are dirty!" Something about growing up with them, or grandparents having them. I'm not sure how their families kept their chickens, but it's hard to convince them they can be clean.

Hmmm, chickens are clean compared to water fowl, guess they have never had ducks, or geese, I swore I would never have any water fowl ever again, but never say never!!! I am rethinking it for this year.

Grab some eggs & Join us!
Great fun, Great Prizes & GREAT friends!
easter-cute-bunny-source_br4.gif

5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Hi all,

I'm new to the boards here, but have been reading so much. What fun!

I have my first hatch going in lockdown today. I haven't hatched eggs for many years., so I'm pretty excited. I have some blue Wyandottes (4) and Salmon Faverolles LF (8). These are from shipped eggs, about 50% from the eggs I set, if all hatch.

I won't be keeping these babies and am wondering what a fair price would be. If I figure the complete cost divided by the number of eggs now it's between 6-9$ per chick. These are pretty nice birds.

Later in the week I'm setting another batch - blue laced red and Colombian wyandotte bantams and probably wheaten and blue wheaten Ameraucanas.

I'm hooked.

I have LF blue laced red and B/B/S blue wyandottes in the brooder, with more BLR's coming this week. Plus some blue and black Ameraucanas from Paul Smith.

If anyone is interested, I'll be selling the splash and most of the black chicks from the BLR's for what I have in them shipped.

PM me if you're interested.

It really does seem like spring might happen!

Hmmm, chickens are clean compared to water fowl, guess they have never had ducks, or geese, I swore I would never have any water fowl ever again, but never say never!!! I am rethinking it for this year.
My hubby and I decided to do the duck thing again this year too. I have 4 ducklings in my brooder and I truly did forget how addicting and cute they are!! They are always bursting with personality. The first time we got rid of them because times were getting tough and they are rather piggy and stinky.. We've since regretted getting rid of them, so this time around, we're hoping to just keep them no matter what!
smile.png

Hi all,

I'm new to the boards here, but have been reading so much. What fun!

I have my first hatch going in lockdown today. I haven't hatched eggs for many years., so I'm pretty excited. I have some blue Wyandottes (4) and Salmon Faverolles LF (8). These are from shipped eggs, about 50% from the eggs I set, if all hatch.

I won't be keeping these babies and am wondering what a fair price would be. If I figure the complete cost divided by the number of eggs now it's between 6-9$ per chick. These are pretty nice birds.

Later in the week I'm setting another batch - blue laced red and Colombian wyandotte bantams and probably wheaten and blue wheaten Ameraucanas.

I'm hooked.

I have LF blue laced red and B/B/S blue wyandottes in the brooder, with more BLR's coming this week. Plus some blue and black Ameraucanas from Paul Smith.

If anyone is interested, I'll be selling the splash and most of the black chicks from the BLR's for what I have in them shipped.

PM me if you're interested.

It really does seem like spring might happen!

I think the right price is what you can get... :)

Back
Top Bottom