Cracked Chicken (Christmas) Carols and Poems

Pics
Probably not for another month, although I am big on planning ahead of time, so I can have more time to plan even more. Agh I'll just ask now. How long is incubation for these guys? 21, 18, or even less days? What day do you put them on lockdown?

Probably not for another month, although I am big on planning ahead of time, so I can have more time to plan even more. Agh I'll just ask now. How long is incubation for these guys? 21, 18, or even less days? What day do you put them on lockdown?
I have never hatched Serama eggs, however I've heard they hatch around day 19 or 20. So lockdown would be day 16.

I can ONLY tell you from my experience with artificial incubation on these teeny eggs. I prefer letting my hens do it, but sometimes one will stop halfway through or attempt to incubate more eggs than her tiny body can handle. This is why I’ve got them in the incubator now. I use digital therm/hygros (99.5-100.00 and 40-44% humidity until day 16, then I increase it) all around the incu floor and only pay attention to those. Later in incubation, I start watching much more closely too. I don’t lockdown on day 18. I do so around days 16-17, because some will hatch sooner. That won’t hurt the eggs to do so (in my experience). The majority ultimately hatch on day 20-21, like a standard egg. I hope this much is of some help. There are others on here that probably know a lot more than me. 😊

Back
Top Bottom