Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Will a CCL Rooster over a Welsummer hen produce a sex link chick (white spot on male's head)?   Does anyone have any pictures of that cross or the color of eggs it produces?  I'd think the eggs would be olive?

Thanks,
Deborah

They will not be autosexing. Males will get black breast feathers though, females will look like a legbar without the solid white earlobes.

I have a flock of 1 bielefelder rooster, 3 bielefelder hens, and 3 cream legbar hens. One of the legbars is gold and the other two are cream, but they are not perfect. They have tiny crests. They lay really well, though, almost as well as the bielefelders.

I put some of the bielefelder X cream legbar eggs into the incubator and they are hatching! It's been a very easy hatch, which has been fun.

One of them has splay leg, but the rest all look healthy. One of my girls calls them cream felders.

What do y'all think?

I have a flock of 1 bielefelder rooster, 3 bielefelder hens, and 3 cream legbar hens. One of the legbars is gold and the other two are cream, but they are not perfect. They have tiny crests. They lay really well, though, almost as well as the bielefelders.

I put some of the bielefelder X cream legbar eggs into the incubator and they are hatching! It's been a very easy hatch, which has been fun. 

One of them has splay leg, but the rest all look healthy. One of my girls calls them cream felders.

What do y'all think?

Gorgeous wee things. I will be doing the same x breeding. Looks like you got more than your share off cockerels. Table birds? Bet the eggs will be gorgeous. Big and olive! This breeding is certainly and excercise in patience isn't it?
Congrats!

Gorgeous wee things. I will be doing the same x breeding. Looks like you got more than your share off cockerels. Table birds? Bet the eggs will be gorgeous. Big and olive! This breeding is certainly and excercise in patience isn't it?
Congrats!

They are beautiful!

And yes, we did get more cockerels this time, which we will grow out to for eating.

I'm thinking about breeding these back to the bielefelder rooster to see if I can get an even more olive egg next year.

I haven't done a lot of hatching, but these things came out of the eggshells quickly and with very little effort. It was so nice.

I did the Biele x CCL cross last year. I kept 1 roo, he is my yard rooster. The hens are bigger than ccl hens, not as big as the biele hens.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/825092/cream-legbar-hybrid-thread/1020
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/825092/cream-legbar-hybrid-thread/1030

Yes, them are some little cuties.

I remember you doing that. :)

The ones that have hatched are just having a blast scooting in and out from under the ecoglow. All but two of them have hatched now. I just need to figure out how to differentiate between the hybrids and the full bieles.

What do y'all think?

Great photo! I am still waiting for my bielefelder rooster to mature. It seems you have 3 females and 6 males if the auto sexing still hold true.

I found feather stubs on a hybrid chick today . No feather legs in either parents . Did I see this somewhere on one of the CL threads also ? Not a fan of feather legs . My CL are from C D lines .

Back
Top Bottom