Curly feathers

crookedlogranch

Hatching
11 Years
Dec 9, 2008
Hi all!
I am new to chickens and figured someone here might know about this. One of my girls, a 3 month old Buff Orphington has feathers that are not smooth and laid down like all the others. They start flat, but then all curl up at the ends. She has been like this for about 3-4 weeks??. I have treated everyone for mites thinking that might be the problem. She seems very healthy, eats, drinks and is just as active as the others. She is not getting picked on and does not pick at herself. Any clues? I am going to try and post a pic, but...........it's not looking good so far
sad.png

Thank you in advance!!!!!!!

WOW! Thanks for the quick responses! I love this msg board...there is so much great information, especially for a newbe. I ADORE that Frizzle baby and hope that is what I have
smile.png
Mine was not curly at that age though and is not as curly now. She will be 3 months on the 14th. I think I have the picture thing down...... check her out. She has her head down in the 'huddle' but is really quite active. OH, I did check the base of the feathers with a magnafying (sp) glass and saw nothing. Her skin looks like the other ones.

19600_feathers2.jpg

19600_feathers.jpg

YEP, I would say frizzle, she is just a late bloomer...Here's mine! Is the black one behind her in the first picture a little like that too. Looks like her feathers flip a little

15601_dipsy_chicks_and_our_ducks_065.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom