Day 18.....Lockdown

hey guys todays day 20 of my first hatch! hopefully tmrw morning or afternoon i should have a few chicks
fl.gif
. i only set 4 chicken eggs and 1 wasnt any god so i tossed it. i also have 31 bobwhite quail eggs in the incubator that are going to hatch thursday :). im excited!! i hope you guys have a great hatch! im using a hovabator genesis 1588 with an egg turner. i have no internal pips yet im getting kinda scared
I have 6 quail (coturnix) eggs set too! I forget about them.

From what I have been reading the trick is not to panic. Good luck Frankie!

Exited to give an update. I forgot to mention that I have two incubators with hatching eggs getting close. One at 21 days as I've said previously. This is my second attempt to do this and I am exited that my eggs hatched this morning with a second piping as I left for work. This incubator has 8 eggs left out of 15 I started with. The second unit has 20 eggs out of 40 left at 18 days.

Thanks for the info! I am having a hard time getting my humidity over 69%. Should that be adequate??

hello! humidity goal is 55-65%, but 69% is close enough that I wouldn't stress
some folks increase humidity arbitrarily on day 19; I prefer to wait until the first pip before increasing humidity.
up until that point, they are still evaporating!

some folks increase humidity arbitrarily on day 19; I prefer to wait until the first pip before increasing humidity.

Thank you! It's been running 64% all day today. Should I try to get it higher than that after I see the first pip??

Thanks for your help!

Leslie

Thank you! It's been running 64% all day today. Should I try to get it higher than that after I see the first pip??

Thanks for your help!

Leslie

no, 65% is the highest I would make it :)
as low as 55% and you are fine!

when they start hatching, you will see spikes up to 70% or 80%. it's fine, don't panic!

Should I candle to see if they have internally pipped?? It is day 19.

Back
Top Bottom