Day 21 :(

justusnak

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Feb 28, 2007
South Eastern Indiana
Well, here we are.....21 days in the bator. The little eggs are not moveing....no noises...nothing.
he.gif
What did I do wrong? Is there still a chance for them? One was moveing around, at about day 18..19...now...nothing. Soo frustrateing.
th.gif
How much longer should I leave them in there? I was sooo hopeing I could get at least ONE little one out of my own ladies.
fl.gif
Maybe there is still hope??

Absolutely. If the temperature was a little low, or if your thermometer was a little off, they could simply hatch a few days late. Don't give up hope, although I know this must be nerve-wracking.

I'm really crossing my fingers that not only do mine hatch successfully, but that they do so on time to relieve all my anxiety!

barnie.gif

Thanks for the confidence.....but if the one that was moveing...has stopped moveing....does that mean it died?
hit.gif
Oh, the last 21 days were hard....now I might have to waite longer?? ARGH!!
barnie.gif
come on little ones...dont make me waite any longer!!

It may just mean it doesn't have any room to move anymore, Justusnak.

Keep your fingers crossed.
fl.gif
And your blood pressure down, if at all possible. It would drive me batty.

Just leave them alone and they might still come out. In the future, after day 18, turn off the turner and don't open the box untill day 22. Humidity would be comprmised each time you open and candle the eggs. Good luck!

I have not opened the bator....it is a home made one from a styrofoam box...for about 3 days. I havent turned them since day 18. Still watching and waiting....Oh good grief....the suspense!!!
th.gif

OK Justasnak; I am on the same day as you! Or, I guess a day later. Mine are due today. At 4 this morning I heard a pep. Now all day nothing. I'm getting nervous now.

My Q is as HOW LONG FROM WHEN THEY PEEP TO WHEN THEY HATCH?

So now I am wondering if the peeper died. I've never had any movement that I knew of. My kids are not as anxious as I am over this!

silkiepj......from what I have read....they can go 24 hrs, to 2 days after, a peep. I just dont think mine are going to make it. Day 22....today, and nothing.
hit.gif
I wish they would have made it. I will give them a few more days....then toss em.

Back
Top Bottom