Delaying lockdown?

Oopps. I candled again today. Hope that wasn't bad. I'm still not sure if it internally pipped. Today it looked the same ad yesterday... The shadowing is a little bigger, but I don't see an actual bill yet or chirping. Just shadowy movements that seem to be just at the edge, not in the middle of the air cell like I would assume to see if it internally pipped. Should I stop candling? Or can I candle the egg while in the incubator and not take it out?
I would recommend not candling. Taking them out and potentially turning the eggs can confuse them.
I noticed a bruising on the outside of the egg so I candled the egg while it was in the incubator. You know how the air sac looks bright white before they pip internally?
Well the air sac isn't bright white anymore. In fact it appeared fairly dark and the tip of the egg has a darkness to it that isn't visible from the outside, nor is it in the same place as the visible bruising I noticed before candling.
I did not see a bill like I have in other photos of internally pipped eggs. Is it possible the duckling has internal pipped but broke blood vessels in the process? Will it die? Should I make a safety hole? Or just leave it be knowing it should have a days worth of air inside the egg after rupturing the air sac?

Sorry, so many questions I'm nervous and scared it could be suffering or need help.
It probably internally pipped and tried to externally pip. Can you get a pic of candling? If you look at the pointy end can you see anything in there? If the duckling is struggling I would make a safety hole, but that would be very hard to do if you can’t find where there’s space. You wouldn’t want to accidentally hit the duckling while making that hole.

This is the black spot I see at the tip when I candle the egg where the air cell is.
VID_20240420_204618866_exported_21424.jpg

Back
Top Bottom