Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's not stinky I think I would leave it since it is not obvious whether dead or alive but then again I would not want to take the chance of a bad egg ruining lockdown and killing everyone else. So there you have my clear as mud opinion and I am not even a professional.
wink.png

If it's not stinky I think I would leave it since it is not obvious whether dead or alive but then again I would not want to take the chance of a bad egg ruining lockdown and killing everyone else. So there you have my clear as mud opinion and I am not even a professional.
wink.png
LMAO Chicksooner!!! Your not being much help on this one!!! he he he!!! But I sure do love the chuckle!!!
gig.gif

wink.png

About 2 more weeks before I know for sure if my exploding eggs killed the rest of the eggs...I really don't want to risk contaminating any good ones while candeling the others

On a sad note one of the chicks I bought last week died
hit.gif
. I don't know if it was weak or if one of the other chicks jumped on it in just the wrong way.
hit.gif

Oh No! Another chick isn't looking so good. I gave it some save-a-chick
fl.gif
hopefully it will be ok.

Oh No!  Another chick isn't looking so good.  I gave it some save-a-chick :fl  hopefully it will be ok.

Oh nooooooooooo!!!!!! That's the worst!!! Once they're out you think they're going to be fine!! Sorry - hope the other one is ok. Do you feed medicated starter?

I just checked cells again, and I think the more clear younger/smaller one is dead : ( but I left it in cause I didnt want to do that that early : (  but I will take a comparison candle its candle and ugggg eggtopsy...

If you're that close to the end I would go into lockdown with all of them. Marans eggs are REALLY hard to candle. Don't increase humidity until first pip (it's reeeeeeaaaaally hard to wait, I had to wait till day 19) and then only add a tbsp of water (I added a whole bunch of water and drowned 7 fully formed eggs :()

With high humidity levels during incubation it may already be to late, but DEF give it a go :)

BCM eggs in Lockdown and I put them upright in the egg carton, why ??? because I had a panic attack with the laying flat for hatch!!
ep.gif
shhhhwwwwwoooooooo Glad I got that off my mind!!

I know, I know ...
D.gif
dont turn them upright, hens also loose alot of eggs, I have seen alot of nests and they dont look good after a hatch and most with a less than 70% hatch rate! and we complain!!
duc.gif

On a serious note.... (yeah right!
lau.gif
)

My gut told me to do this, because of possible drowning and that they MAYBE have too large air cells because of staggered hatch and being in for lockdown of Halo....

I am going back to Hatching Eggs 101 to read on this "drowning", I am pretty sure I put links and info in there, BUT I still dont quite get it!

Drowning with the internal pip, drowning w/o embryo, drowing coming out of the shell... DROWNING DROWNING DROWNING!!! I took a CPR Class for petes!!!

I WILL RETURN with a BETTER UNDERSTANDING AND SHARE what I learn......
th.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom