Don't blame me on the wt. gain for this dessert...lol

2mnypets

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 11, 2007
Saucier, Mississippi
I have a dessert that my mom always made at Christmas time. Although it's not a traditional seasonal dessert, it reminds me of the holidays. Hope you all enjoy it.

BANANA SPLIT DESSERT
2-3 bananas
graham cracker crumbs
½ gallon ice cream
1 c. walnuts (optional)
½ c. butter
1c. chocolate chips
1 ½ c. evaporated milk
1 pint whipping cream
2 c. powdered sugar

Follow directions on graham cracker crust box. Save a little bit of the graham crackers for a dusting. Lay sliced bananas down over graham cracker crust that you covered the cassarole dish with. Slice ice cream ½ inch thick and place over bananas. Freeze until firm (about 1 hour). Melt chocolate chips, butter and powdered sugar a little at a time so it doesn’t get lumpy. Pour in evaporated milk. Stir and cook until thick and smooth stirring constantly over medium low heat. Remove from heat and add 1 tsp. vanilla. Don’t stir, let it seep into the chocolate. Cool chocolate mixture completely. Gently pour over ice cream. Then freeze again. Whip the cream until stiff and add 2 TBLE. sugar or more until it tastes sweet or to your liking. When stiff spread over chocolate layer. Sprinkle with a little bit of remaining graham crackers and put back into freezer until firm.

Last edited:
ep.gif
Hey I gained 3 lbs just reading this one
gig.gif

Sounds yummy, printed it out too.....thanks for sharing, I will blame you for the extra weight?
gig.gif

Quote:
Tell me about it. I'm allergic to banana's so mom would always just place them on half of the dessert. And don't blame me....blame my mother, dog gone her. Now I know why she only made it one time a year!
gig.gif

big_smile.png
nah, really wish I could find SOMEONE to blame.........but end up back in my own face, I will make this for the holidays and start a new family tradition......... MUST LIMIT MYSELF
MUST LIMIT MYSELF
big_smile.png

That sounds great!

Oh and just so you all know.....
There are no calories from 6 am November 1st to 11:59 pm New Year's Day.
(There are however, calories on Oct 31st til 6 the next morning. That is what we get for raiding our kids Halloween candy.
gig.gif
)

Oh I love it! WHOOPPEE!!!!!!!!! That means then I'm still 90lbs. wet!
lau.gif
Believe that one and I've got a friend named George that has some oceanfront property in Arizona.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom