Dumpster Diving-Garage Sale-Goodwill-Thrift Store & Craigslist Finds

Right now, I'm trying to score a small outdoor dog kennel and a rabbit cage. They are listed pretty cheap already, but they put obo on them. These are old listings, so I am hopeful that they will take my offer!!!! I want the both items to be used for grow out pens!!! Can't wait
big_smile.png

Right now, I'm trying to score a small outdoor dog kennel and a rabbit cage.  They are listed pretty cheap already, but they put obo on them.  These are old listings, so I am hopeful that they will take my offer!!!!  I want the both items to be used for grow out pens!!!  Can't wait :D

Good luck. I hope you get them. :fl

Got an update! I missed out on the rabbit cage, ugh. But!!! They are going to sell me the 4x6 chainlink kennel for $5.00 cheaper, and deliver it tomorrow!!!! Score! I didn't even ask them to take less, nor did I ask them to deliver it, they just offered. So, it will cost me $25!!!! Yippee!!!

Got an update! I missed out on the rabbit cage, ugh. But!!! They are going to sell me the 4x6 chainlink kennel for $5.00 cheaper, and deliver it tomorrow!!!! Score! I didn't even ask them to take less, nor did I ask them to deliver it, they just offered. So, it will cost me $25!!!! Yippee!!!
Good job!!!!!

here's my big recent find...
I've got draft horses and I've always wanted to use them for tilling my garden and doing some haying - so I've been looking for horse drawn equipment. I haven't in the way of equipment for less than $150 each, and some items like sickle mowers are typically 300-600. so... I found
Ride-on equipment:
  • A sickle mower (partially restored and operable)
  • A hay rake (operational)
  • A single row corn planter (near operational)
Walk behind:
  • An adjustable width cultivator (fully restored)
  • A single bottom plow (needs restoring)

4 of the 5 items are close to operating condition (require clean up and greasing but no repair)
and the plow needs new wood handles.

so I'd guess the value between $800-1600
price for all 5? $500.

boy are my horses going to be annoyed when they find out they have to *work* for their dinner...
lol.png

oh, and my two excellent neighbors went with me today, with one of their truck and trailers, and helped me transport it all home. for the price of dinner
smile.png

Last edited:
We have a transfer station near our house and have to take our garbage there, I've gotten numerous lawn mowers, roto tillers, but the best find was a tanning bed, there was nothing wrong with it, the guy had it in the back of a truck and was going to throw it away, so I said lets just slide it into my truck. Everything worked on it , I gave it alilttle bath, and sold it for $350.00

You know,there are some things I wont do:

Dumpster diving....too many bacterial transfers,roaches,rats, maggots, and the like.

I will pick up someones this or that on the curb or adjacent to the rubbish pile.

Watched "americas cheapest people" last night...the first two were disgusting.

The first one was some dude that reuses:

papar plates
napkins
styrofoam cups
etc

he even asks other people at restaurants if he can have their leftover food.
and he dumpster dived for his wifes anniversary. spent a big 2.00 on her all together.

The next wierdo has 6 kids and doesnt buy toilet paper..she uses cloth toilet paper,rewashes and uses them again.She buys food at the expired foo store named "dirty daves discount.

the last two were or.the first couple go on a fiscal fast about 5 times a year.they fiscal fast for a week,they canto purchase anything and must eat what they got.The last day the dude goes and finds loose change anywhere and buys a meal.this time he was eating goats head...not bad,not bad.

The last dude was the best,He was a barterer. he bartered everything.He bartered work in a hair cutting salon for a trim.this one was way cool than the rest.

here's my big recent find...
I've got draft horses and I've always wanted to use them for tilling my garden and doing some haying - so I've been looking for horse drawn equipment. I haven't in the way of equipment for less than $150 each, and some items like sickle mowers are typically 300-600. so... I found
Ride-on equipment:
  • A sickle mower (partially restored and operable)
  • A hay rake (operational)
  • A single row corn planter (near operational)
Walk behind:
  • An adjustable width cultivator (fully restored)
  • A single bottom plow (needs restoring)

4 of the 5 items are close to operating condition (require clean up and greasing but no repair)
and the plow needs new wood handles.

so I'd guess the value between $800-1600
price for all 5? $500.

boy are my horses going to be annoyed when they find out they have to *work* for their dinner...
lol.png

oh, and my two excellent neighbors went with me today, with one of their truck and trailers, and helped me transport it all home. for the price of dinner
smile.png

Great score.
Have your draft horses been trained to pull a wagon or a log skid yet?
If not, before you harness them to your antique equipment, might aught to try them out on a pull first.

Back
Top Bottom