Everything Easter Egger

Pics
My EE projects are starting up next spring!

Should have pens up by then for both of them so I can just keep the flocks together. One pen is EE long tails and the other is crested EE. Was going to try to keep a set color but in the crested that's going to be difficult. For the long tails not so much anymore as I have Silver Ameraucana now but we will see.

I'll be working on setting egg color, body type and feather features first.

I don’t know much about Easter eggers or americanas as I have never raised them before, but I was wondering if my pullet is one. She was hatched from a green egg from a mixed flock, and she looks a lot like pictures I have seen of americana and EE.
IMG_0905.jpeg
IMG_0903.jpeg

I don’t know much about Easter eggers or americanas as I have never raised them before, but I was wondering if my pullet is one. She was hatched from a green egg from a mixed flock, and she looks a lot like pictures I have seen of americana and EE.
View attachment 3906414View attachment 3906418
Likely an Ameraucana mixed with something else based on those cheeks. Pretty bird!

An EE is any mixed breed that lays a colored egg. A blue egg layer with a brown egg layer can give you a hen that lays brown, blue or green eggs.

View attachment 3906414View attachment 3906418
She looks a lot like my Sapphire Olive Eggers except she doesn't have the gorgeous top knot of feathers that stick up on top of head. She's sweet looking. And lil miss nosey behind her looks upset she's not the center of attention. Lol. If she is for sure she may or may not lay blue or green eggs. I believe one of my SOE's is laying pinkish eggs instead of green. But love her still.

Back
Top Bottom