Faverolles Thread

Hi everyone! Just thought i would share a picture.
My new favarolle girl i got from beaglady. She is such a sweety!

(they are still in quarantine for a little, so that's why they are in the dog crate, but they get lot's of treats and are spoiled daily!)

I use the same set up for quarantine lol

These Favs are funny- so skittish and crazy when they are young and then really easy going when they are older. I swear this one little chick that is in with the others is the instigator of all the screaming and kung fu. That house I bought still isn't completed. I had to get the goose house up first so that and hatching and seeds took precedent. Cold frames next and then (hopefully) the dog-chicken-house.

I am glad you said that, becuase my chicks are crazy, an not friendly. The laying pullets I have are just the sweetest, easy going chickens ever... I was thinking there was a mistake lol

I remember thinking the same thing about mine when they were little. I could not understand how these very talkative and spazzy little birds were ever going to settle down. These two young ones from that hatch are still a bit unappreciative of being held but they are easy going otherwise and Keesmom's birds are darling though only a bit more laid back. I like them in a flock. In the mixed group even the cockerel is really easy going. I just love him!

This Sunday is the Central Maine Bird Fancier's junior showmanship education day and I am bringing a few birds. I wanted to bring one of my LF Favs but OF COURSE she happens to also be the males favorite courtesan sooo she won't be pretty enough to show. It would be great if any of you showed up with info or birds. There are some sales as well as education being offered for free. :)

Try BYC your state thread and post, Faverolle Fancier club has a membership roll that may have some from your state and hopefully someone near you will be on this list... I would also check for major poultry shows in your area and visit/ask who may be breeders, besides they are interesting to go to......eliz

Anyone in the Washington /Oregon Area.......There will be the Pacific N.W. Poultry Assoc. Show at the Clark Co. fairgrounds, near Vancouver, Washington this weekend....(Saturday). Think Jeanine said it would be a Faverolle Meet and she will be there with some of her beautiful birds. Information can be found at PacificNWPoultryAssociation website as well as the Washingtonfeatherfancier site.
Thank you! I wouldn't have known otherwise! Maybe I can get away for a bit....

3 more of the girls have gone broody this last week (none of them are s favs), so just as one clutch hatches (2 SF chicks!), another begins incubating!

The rooster I have as my avatar is from Cackle hatchery and he has done very well at the shows! Great type and decent color just lacking in beard and eye color! Those are my only complaints! My hens were a little iffy but one has superior type but is really dark with lots of black in her beard! But great to darken up the rooster! I only purchased 5 hens and a roo from there! I highly recomend!

Woah... Just spent an hour catching up on this thread it's been a month or two since I've been on here! Hope everyone is doing well! I have about 24 white and salmon faverolle eggs in the incubator (7 days in!) Gonna candle them in a little while! Last two lock downs nothing hatched! :(

Is anyone going to the little rhody Poultry Fanciers show in Rhode Island? I'm bringing a few salmon faverolles!

Spring!!!! Happy Hatching!!!!!!!!
wee.gif

Woah... Just spent an hour catching up on this thread it's been a month or two since I've been on here! Hope everyone is doing well! I have about 24 white and salmon faverolle eggs in the incubator (7 days in!) Gonna candle them in a little while! Last two lock downs nothing hatched! :(

Is anyone going to the little rhody Poultry Fanciers show in Rhode Island? I'm bringing a few salmon faverolles!

Spring!!!! Happy Hatching!!!!!!!!
wee.gif
Hi Daniel! I hope you get some whites to hatch for you. We need them! I'm almost ready to pull the plug on the incubator for the season myself.

Not sure if I will make it to Little Rhody. Got a really busy schedule the next few weeks

I just wanted to post some updated pics of my sweet little Gwendolyn (please be a girl!) because she's so darn cute, and I swear, I am the worst chicken mama in terms of talking about my babies nonstop.

Right now she's going through a funny looking stage- none of our other chicks (other breeds) had feathers coming in that made them look wonky, but man, is she a mess. But that makes her all the more darling.

Funny looking, but so darn cute!

I'm thinking these look more like girl feathers.

Back
Top Bottom