Fertrell Poultry Nutri-Balancer

treehuggermama

Hatching
Aug 29, 2020
Could anyone tell me what dosage of the Fertrell Poultry Nutri Balancer to add to about 10 lbs. of home-mixed feed? The instructions say to give 60 lbs. for a ton of feed (2000 lbs.). So am I right that it would be 0.3 lbs. Fertrell for 10 lbs. of feed? I am feeding pullets, about 14 wks. old. Thank you.

Hi, My home-mixed feed is a combination of grains, (cooked) legumes, seeds, as well as some Brewer's yeast, kelp meal, flaxseed meal, molasses, and herbs, and I am using this as a mash so that the dry, powdery ingredients don't just disappear. I have a severe gluten-allergy (including any that becomes airborne) so I can't use commercial feed. I tried the one wheat-free one and reacted to it because it was produced in a facility that also processed wheat. Hence the homemade mix. Thank you for your response!

The instructions say to give 60 lbs. for a ton of feed (2000 lbs.). So am I right that it would be 0.3 lbs. Fertrell for 10 lbs. of feed?

Yes that does convert down to 0.3 lbs of Nutribalancer per 10 lbs of feed.

That sucks that you have allergic reactions to chicken feed. Unless you sit down and calculate the nutrients in your homemade feed + the vitamins in nutribalancer you really have no ideal what vitamins and minerals chickens are getting.

That's great that you will take the time to calculate it up. Alot of people won't do that. Feel free to make an article with your findings so others can enjoy.

Thank you for the confirmation on that math and also the sympathy. This allergy really does stink. It's very limiting. I am using a spreadsheet to calculate all the macronutrients. It's from the Garden Betty website.
I know this line of conversation is old, but I would love to see your calculations and hear your experiences. I am wondering about using Fertrell as well.

I know this line of conversation is old, but I would love to see your calculations and hear your experiences. I am wondering about using Fertrell as well.
Chances are good the OP won't come back to this, so I'll algebra.

"The instructions say to give 60 lbs. for a ton of feed (2000 lbs.). So am I right that it would be 0.3 lbs. Fertrell for 10 lbs. of feed? I am feeding pullets, about 14 wks. old. Thank you."

60 LBS per ton (2000 lbs) is 60/2000. 6/200. 3/100. 0.3/10.

Simple.
All the same ratio.

Chances are good the OP won't come back to this, so I'll algebra.

"The instructions say to give 60 lbs. for a ton of feed (2000 lbs.). So am I right that it would be 0.3 lbs. Fertrell for 10 lbs. of feed? I am feeding pullets, about 14 wks. old. Thank you."

60 LBS per ton (2000 lbs) is 60/2000. 6/200. 3/100. 0.3/10.

Simple.
All the same ratio.
Thank you for showing the math. Math memories came creeping back into my brain as I thought through your calculations.

Thank you for showing the math. Math memories came creeping back into my brain as I thought through your calculations.
I had to do it that way because I read the initial post and my brain said "yes" with no awareness of how I got there.

Different math training in my youth. "Number Sense", courtesy of an experimental pilot instruction program. Very fast. Usually right. but prone to misplaced decimals, and there is no "work" to show along the way - which also leads to misplaced confidence and trouble retracing my steps when an error is made, as I'm not aware of having taken any steps between the question and the answer.

Both have their place. I wouldn't engineer a bridge based on my answers. ;)

Have a great afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom