Oh yeah they’re so cute I would get pygmys if I could find them locally
They had some for 6$ at a Mom and Pop pet store near me they had a dog that would greet you at the door it was so cute one of the employees even had a lizard on their shoulder. I really like shrimp. I think khuli loaches are awesome but they wouldn't work out for my tank. My sister wants to get a female Betta fish for the tank but she would have to get a cooler more earthy color so it doesn't get agressive with my shrimp. I just started getting back into aquariums over the past months

I hope to convince my parents to allow me to start another fish tank any tips?
Hmm not really I guess kinda just prove you’ll be able to take care of it. My mom kinda just let me get the tank especially since I’m using my own money for everything that is needed for them including the tank itself.

I hope to convince my parents to allow me to start another fish tank any tips?
Bonuses for having a fish tank:

Aquariums help add humidity to the air.

Studies have shown that observing an aquarium can lower blood pressure, reduce anxiety, and improve mood.

Aquariums grow the best roots for plant cuttings.

Plants in aquarium.jpg

Hmm not really I guess kinda just prove you’ll be able to take care of it. My mom kinda just let me get the tank especially since I’m using my own money for everything that is needed for them including the tank itself.
Bonuses for having a fish tank:

Aquariums help add humidity to the air.

Studies have shown that observing an aquarium can lower blood pressure, reduce anxiety, and improve mood.

Aquariums grow the best roots for plant cuttings.

View attachment 3875609
Lol my brother actually had bought a 30gal for a baby snapping turtle we found in the middle of the road he got the snapping turtle some frog friends and then the snapping turtle grew and...well...the snapping turtle ate one and half ate one and we put him in our stream.So I wouldn't have to buy the tank which would most likely be the most expensive part. There was a free 110 gallon tank on craigslist and I'm still sad that I didn't take the offer.It was so cool, the reason it was free was because it had chips in it I could have filled them up with silicone it even came with the lid which had lights!

I didn't know BYC had a fish thread! This is so cool! I have had 5 guppies 4 beta fish 6 goldfish 1 panda Cory and 1 snail. currently I have 2 goldfish I won at the carnival one of them is turning 1 year old this year which is shocking that it lived this long, I guess its because my tank was already cycled
Welcome to the thread!!!!

Back
Top Bottom