I like the banded kuhlis (or whatever they’re called) but I couldn’t find any so I got black kuhlis I still love them still looking for some banded though
View attachment 3898735
View attachment 3898736
I have 6 black/brown/chocolate Kuhlis in a 15g tank with Red Cherry shrimp.
IMG_20240723_190815337~2.jpg

Check out Aquahuna online, they usually have the striped/banded kuhlis. I've ordered those kuhlis a couple times, as well as tetras, rasboras, and RCS, and never lost a fish.

Well...I did keep 20 young kuhlis in a 5.5 gallon aquarium for a month (in quarantine) and they were fine...BUT they were small kuhlis, AND I did small water changes daily or every other day.

Well, I wouldn't do more than 5 in my 6g, but daily water changes don't sound fun. Maybe pygmy cories would be a better fit

Do you think that the red worms in my tank would be camallanus worms? Or not?
They swim around most of the time if not swimming they just sink to the bottom. Ive counted 6 for sure. They are small though

I can try and get pictures.

Aside from occasional quarantine, the only thing I use my 5.5g for is Red Cherry shrimp. They flourish there.

Shrimp have never done well for me. I don't know what it is. I only managed to keep amazon shrimp alive. Neocaradina, absolutely not. Snails on the other hand, love my aquarium :lau

Shrimp have never done well for me. I don't know what it is. I only managed to keep amazon shrimp alive. Neocaradina, absolutely not. Snails on the other hand, love my aquarium :lau
Shrimp need calcium, and both shrimp and snails would die in my soft water. I started using a water conditioner with buffers (Seachem Neutral Regulator) with every water change. It prevents pH crashes. But what I think really helped was following a suggestion from a lady who raises lots of freshwater shrimp. She uses Iodide (NOT IODINE) that is normally just for Marine aquariums. Dosage is ONE DROP per 10 gallons of water at water changes, no more. Once I started using it my shrimp turned deep red and started breeding. That and doing regular water changes worked for me.
.trashed-1724425303-th (3).jpeg

Shrimp need calcium, and both shrimp and snails would die in my soft water. I started using a water conditioner with buffers (Seachem Neutral Regulator) with every water change. It prevents pH crashes. But what I think really helped was following a suggestion from a lady who raises lots of freshwater shrimp. She uses Iodide (NOT IODINE) that is normally just for Marine aquariums. Dosage is ONE DROP per 10 gallons of water at water changes, no more. Once I started using it my shrimp turned deep red and started breeding. That and doing regular water changes worked for me.
View attachment 3899928

We have relatively hard water here. I needed to add quite a few tannins to the water to make it more acidic for the bettas. So when the last one died, I though for sure the shrimp would like our water. But nope.

On the other hand, I've never had to substitute extra calcium for the snails, and their shells look fine

Back
Top Bottom