Fluconazole

lilhippiemomma

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 30, 2011
Has anyone ever treated their chicken with fluconazole? If so, how well did it work and do you know what dose to give?

Fluconazole is usually used for vaginal yeast infections (in humans). I'm not quite sure why you would treat a chicken with this med..

Yeah, it's pretty toxic to human livers, I'm not sure you'd want to give it to your chickens. I've not heard of chickens having any yeast or fungal diseases, and would think they'd be better treated by improved husbandry methods if such did occur in chickens.

Isn't vent gleet a fungal infection? If so, barring the toxicity to livers, if you want to risk that, fluconazole is a fungicide for human yeast or fungal infections...all over the body, including the mouth. And it IS hard on human livers.

I know this is an old post but a vet just gave us this to put in our chickens nostril to treat a suspected air sac fungal infection. She mixed a very small amount with water and we are to give one drop in one nostril each day.

My hen received Fluconazole when she had sour crop. It worked really well. She's back on it again for slow crop. Thanks for the post!
I believe I have a hen with Sour Crop. I have some fluconazone from when my husband had Valley Fever. What is the dosage of the medicine?

Back
Top Bottom