I’m thinking that I should stay off of BYC for a short while. I really appreciate all the support from all of you. It’s just been so hard for me to lose Sir Jaffar, any mention of him makes me break down and cry. I’m still trying to relay the message to my bird friends that they have lost their rooster but still have me (for whatever it’s worth) but I thank you all so very much for your support and prayers.
:hugs:hugs:hugs

I was away for a bit and I came on here and heard about Jaffar. Oi, this is just terrible. He has lived a good life and Alex really took good care of him. If Alex sees this (he did say he was going to take a break), I want to say that he has been a really good owner to Jaffar. From car trips to movies in bed, no wonder that roo was having a good time. Never, ever blame yourself for a pet's death. I remember Alex would talk about Jaffar non stop. Goodbye, Jaffar. You were the mascot of the roost, and no other roo can be like you. You can't be replaced by any other roo. I'll read Alex's past posts about Jaffar and think "That was a good time."
I'll post something to brighten up everyone's mood later.

Caturday - Big Boy is under the weather. I'm keeping a close watch, this is day five of respiratory symptoms - sneezing & coughing, a little clear eye discharge, definite nose discharge. Very unusual for him. He seemed slightly better yesterday evening, scratching quite vigorously on a board and briefly looking outside, and his voice seemed clearer, but if he isn't definitely improving by Monday I'll call the vet. No blood in his nasal discharge. Every time I try to check his lungs with a stethoscope (of the blood pressure cuff we have) he starts purring.
Here he is just after some sneezing
PXL_20240427_152831194.jpg

And back to sleeping
PXL_20240427_154028812.jpg

Caturday - Big Boy is under the weather. I'm keeping a close watch, this is day five of respiratory symptoms - sneezing & coughing, a little clear eye discharge, definite nose discharge. Very unusual for him. He seemed slightly better yesterday evening, scratching quite vigorously on a board and briefly looking outside, and his voice seemed clearer, but if he isn't definitely improving by Monday I'll call the vet. No blood in his nasal discharge. Every time I try to check his lungs with a stethoscope (of the blood pressure cuff we have) he starts purring.
Here he is just after some sneezing
View attachment 3813740
And back to sleeping
View attachment 3813744
Oh no! Sure hope he doing much better soon. With cats it’s always hard to say what they have, so many viruses out there they can get.

I have to say he is a gorgeous moggy 💕

Oh no! Sure hope he doing much better soon. With cats it’s always hard to say what they have, so many viruses out there they can get.

I have to say he is a gorgeous moggy 💕
I'm concerned, because he is for the most part a 98% indoor cat so it's hard to imagine where he got this from, if it is a virus. Never had something this noticeable before.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom