My apologies for the photo I posted earlier. It was quite blurry. Here's an up close photo.
IMG_1685.JPG

Love them all! But Eclipse and Morning Star look special to me. Chopped beans seem popular - I have never tried giving them.
Dis you get a camera to figure out what was killing chickens?
Eclipse and Morning Star are some of the most beautiful barnyard mix chickens I ever seen. No, I don't have a camera still...

It appears that when Glynda got off the nest for her morning snack, Phyllis moved in. When Glynda came back, Phyllis would not let her back on the nest. This was the outcome.

View attachment 3873537

So I go out and rearrange things, getting pecked again for good measure.

Phyllis is showing no broody traits. She is not puffing up. She is not tut tutting. When I open the lid to the nest box, she does not hunker down and peck at me, rather, like someone who knows she is doing wrong she gets up and runs (as best she can) away.

This has to be dominance of some kind. She is not broody.
I have a idea as to the solution.

Step one: If you still have carpet, replace with tile.

Step two: add a nesting box inside the kitchen.

Step three: Give her lots of nice places to sit down and do nothing.

Step four: You now have a house chicken.

My little Orpington rooster hurt his foot somehow today. He won’t let me catch him to check on it further. He has a predominant limp to his left foot. :(
Awww poor wee fella.

I have to wait till evening chores to do anything with Mr P. Or Bert for that matter. Less stressful for all of us!

Awww poor wee fella.

I have to wait till evening chores to do anything with Mr P. Or Bert for that matter. Less stressful for all of us!
The rooster got his revenge. He was perched on my shoulder and pooped right into my ear. :sick I will be sure to have my doctor take a look today.

It appears that when Glynda got off the nest for her morning snack, Phyllis moved in. When Glynda came back, Phyllis would not let her back on the nest. This was the outcome.

View attachment 3873537

So I go out and rearrange things, getting pecked again for good measure.

Phyllis is showing no broody traits. She is not puffing up. She is not tut tutting. When I open the lid to the nest box, she does not hunker down and peck at me, rather, like someone who knows she is doing wrong she gets up and runs (as best she can) away.

This has to be dominance of some kind. She is not broody.
Oooo she is a diva isn’t she - she is just a glamorous lady who feels she can just do as she wishes 🥰

I will not encourage her though as this is valuable goods we are dealing with.

Phyllis just behave - soon you will be an Auntie ♥️

Back
Top Bottom