Hot here and dry wind. No relief from the heat has been forecast.
The big birds seem to be hotter than the little ones. But everyone is hot 🥵 today. They don’t want to come in the house. :confused:
IMG_4489.png

Corid 9.6% Solution, Size: 16-ounce

Corid 9.6% Solution​

Corid 9.6% Solution aids in the treatment and prevention of coccidiosis in poultry. If using on meat poultry, it is important to withdraw 24 hours before slaughter. There is no withdrawal period for egg laying hens. Read more about Amprolium on the Poultry DVM website. Contains 96 mg amprolium per ml.​

Usage in poultry: To treat a severe outbreak of coccidiosis in your poultry mix 2 teaspoons per 1 gallon of water and offer as sole source of drinking water for 5 days. For a moderate outbreak, mix 1 teaspoon per 1 gallon of water and offer as their sole source of drinking water for 5 days. For prevention, mix 1/2 teaspoon per 1 gallon of water and offer as sole source of water for 21 days.
After an online search all I can get is powder 20% Corid, I ordered this and it will arrive sometime tomorrow.

Now I just need to figure out the dose for chickens on this.

After an online search all I can get is powder 20% Corid, I ordered this and it will arrive sometime tomorrow.

Now I just need to figure out the dose for chickens on this.
I will help with the conversions if you want it. Just let me know.

Fluffy Beatdown

Éowyn got beat up again today. This time it was Lady Featherington. I was instantly worried about Éowyn's eyes. Lady Featherington went right for them. This time Éowyn was thoroughly thrashed. We had just taken Lady Featherington off her nest and Éowyn wandered too close. There were claws in her face before she new what happened.

Éowyn hid in the courtyard of the complex and had to be coaxed out afterwards.

If any eggs hatch I think these two will be fierce protectors.

Yes, I was thinking of preparing and popping some of that Panacur wormer water in their pen. I still have lots of that left from when I took petunia to the vet.

Was a bit leery with such young chicks. They will be 2 weeks old Monday though so I guess ok.
can you do a fecal float - or at least check it yourself with a magnifing glass to seee what it might be? It seems different worms are sensitive to different meds. :idunno :idunno

can you do a fecal float - or at least check it yourself with a magnifing glass to seee what it might be? It seems different worms are sensitive to different meds. :idunno :idunno
They are so young I have trouble believing that worms could be the problem. It takes a little time to build up an excess worm volume.

I don’t- I had hoped my small animal vet was in today but she wasn’t. Only every other Saturday.

The chicks have been gettimg
The sulphatrim so hopefully this helps

I found powder Corid and ordered it, should be here sometime tomorrow.

Here is dosing and info I have found:

Thread 'Updated - Corid and Amprol (amprolium) Dosing'
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/updated-corid-and-amprol-amprolium-dosing.818879/

I will help with the conversions if you want it. Just let me know.
Yea thanks. I found this on BYC

Thread 'Updated - Corid and Amprol (amprolium) Dosing'
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/updated-corid-and-amprol-amprolium-dosing.818879/

I worry that they won’t drink any of it, I might have to drench them.

Hopefully the sulpha will help them out by tomorrow. I am going to treat the whole flock, I would say they all have been exposed to the coccidia so I may as well treat them as a preventative.

Back
Top Bottom