The Society of Displeased Chickens.
I eat my lunch around 2:30 every day. Usually a small bite to hold me over for dinner. Today's lunch was left over egg noodles from the fridge. Well, I already had the chooks coming in looking for food, only to be disappointed. Of course, I came back with the thing of egg noodles and sour cream only to be greeted by a sour chicken that just wanted the whole bowl. As I am eating, I feel the soft and cuddly feeling of warm feathers barreling under my arms that were resting on a keyboard tray. I see this gluttonous and greedy thing stick its head up, and there was a In Albis. I gave some noodles to her, which promptly disappeared into her crop faster than any human could ever eat. But oh no, that was not the end. I had the other Bigs storm my office. I had to shoo them out, and promised some noodles in the end. I gave them their noodles, but that was not good enough. Oh, no. In Albis came right back inside after finishing off the bowl with Dominica, hardly giving anyone a chance.
View attachment 3880701
View attachment 3880698
View attachment 3880699
View attachment 3880700
Thankfully they all left after In Albis finished telling me off and threatening to make a mess of my desk.

Agathae is still enjoying the sour cream off the sides of the bowl that those lazy Dominiques didn't bother polish off.
View attachment 3880702@Ponypoor , I know you like strips. Get over here.

@BY Bob , these chickens are eating noodles.
Beauties all of them 🥰

One Down, 10 to go.

Well one of Lady Featherington's eggs is gone. There are just pieces of shell left in the nest. When I removed her just now there was an egg stuck to her feathers. This is that egg.

View attachment 3880729View attachment 3880730

Is that egg pipped or just broken? She is off the nest right now eating and drinking.
Can you hear chirping?

It sure looks like the shell is pushed outward, a bit early but it’s been super hot. I would just sit on my hands and wait.

The kids have sent me a card thanking me for sharing the chicks.

1FBE02A2-BF51-47A4-B781-F1EB84BB1EF2.jpeg
DF17F1CF-BA95-492B-8C5D-F80A77BD555E.jpeg
AD303E55-9226-4C8D-8B00-E0F9C007EE81.jpeg

There was no chirping. 🫤
That doesn’t mean anything in and of itself.

So can I assume that someone ate the other egg? It might be time to lock the rest of them out if at all possible in light of this.

I don’t need to tell you how devious they can be.

Monday that old hen Red (mum calls her Dying Hen) grabbed Dorothy by the head and dragged her out of her nestbox! Red doesn’t want that nest box she just wanted to make a point to Dorothy for whatever reason. Dorothy must weight almost 7lbs she’s a big hen! Just plain devious and naughty, I imagine Dorothy looked at her the wrong way and Red took exception to it. They can hold grudges I have found. Smart little velociraptors.

Back
Top Bottom