Didn't manage to catch up, but wanted to let everyone know I will be away for the weekend. This is my one big event for the year so fingers crossed for good sales! Its a great event no matter what. Oregoncountryfair.org
Anyway, big news here is that the chicks decided it was time to leave the run and have been spending time in the wide world of the yard. So far so good. Cats are being better than expected.
View attachment 3888797View attachment 3888798
Take Oregon Fair pics for us homebound folks!

Attack! Get the Human!

The mums are trying to get the chicks to follow them up the ramp and into the coop. As usual, it is not going well.

I have already been attacked by 3 hens today for trying to help the littles navigate the "fences" created by the coop complex. I expect I'm in for another flogging till this is done and they are back in the coop.

That's right, I said 3 hens. Two momma's and.....

View attachment 3889212

That's right, Sydney.

Syd has been behaving a little differently these days. I caught her on one of the footstools crowing a couple of days ago. Maybe she is our new "rooster" and decided I needed a lesson.

More derrières

Fluffy
8BDE2764-2EAC-463A-97F9-CE5D649B644C.jpeg

Topsy
EC6C964C-BD07-45E1-957A-3D3BDD8F15A7.jpeg

Buttercup
02E2E318-714E-4525-B85B-0968A100CD0C.jpeg

Wee grey chickie
A6FF9361-50F6-4E4B-AC7D-DD62FDF8570D.jpeg

Attack! Get the Human!

The mums are trying to get the chicks to follow them up the ramp and into the coop. As usual, it is not going well.

I have already been attacked by 3 hens today for trying to help the littles navigate the "fences" created by the coop complex. I expect I'm in for another flogging till this is done and they are back in the coop.

That's right, I said 3 hens. Two momma's and.....

View attachment 3889212

That's right, Sydney.

Syd has been behaving a little differently these days. I caught her on one of the footstools crowing a couple of days ago. Maybe she is our new "rooster" and decided I needed a lesson.
Good Sydney!

Sophia regularly crows, and so does Penelope. Sometimes I have to look to see who is crowing!

Back
Top Bottom