I found them to be extremely intelligent and trainable as well. Most people don't appreciate them. I found them to be amazing.
I appreciated the leghorns. I found them very smart and really liked them. They are very alert and were excellent at free ranging. Sadly they were too good at it. Exploring the hillside is one thing. Spending about 75% of your day way up on the hill out of sight is another thing entirely. Sending them to my aunt was the best thing for them. They have a huge covered run, as big as my yard. The best part, my aunts house is on a hill. Her run, is on the hill. The girls get the best of both worlds. Exploring a hill and safely enclosed. They are thriving. The one thing she does not have that I do is the creek. She does have a ditch though that unless it is very dry has water flowing. After they got acclimated she started letting them out of the run when she was outside doing yard work. My "ducks in chicken suits" as she calls them head straight for the ditch every time.

Yep,Carlos the Rooster, he has his own account on TikTok. He is quite the character and definitely exhibits some unique behavior I have never witnessed before. Makes for funny videos.
I should be going to bed. Instead I just headed over to carlos the Rooster's tiktok. I think I will brew half a pot of coffee, I will be here awhile.

I should be going to bed. Instead I just headed over to carlos the Rooster's tiktok. I think I will brew half a pot of coffee, I will be here awhile.
Check out Useless Farm as well. She has 2 emus, a rescued from a bad home a female named Karen who is scary mean but she has somehow managed to find a way to keep her anyway and a myriad of other animals including a wicked mean rooster named Brad, several alpacas, a donkey and a few others. She is hilarious. Karen is a well a Karen.

Check out Useless Farm as well. She has 2 emus, a rescued from a bad home a female named Karen who is scary mean but she has somehow managed to find a way to keep her anyway and a myriad of other animals including a wicked mean rooster named Brad, several alpacas, a donkey and a few others. She is hilarious. Karen is a well a Karen.
I've followed her for awhile now. I love me some Karen and Brad.

Oh yes. I think several of us on here watch Karen and Brad.

I appreciated the leghorns. I found them very smart and really liked them. They are very alert and were excellent at free ranging. Sadly they were too good at it. Exploring the hillside is one thing. Spending about 75% of your day way up on the hill out of sight is another thing entirely. Sending them to my aunt was the best thing for them. They have a huge covered run, as big as my yard. The best part, my aunts house is on a hill. Her run, is on the hill. The girls get the best of both worlds. Exploring a hill and safely enclosed. They are thriving. The one thing she does not have that I do is the creek. She does have a ditch though that unless it is very dry has water flowing. After they got acclimated she started letting them out of the run when she was outside doing yard work. My "ducks in chicken suits" as she calls them head straight for the ditch every time.
Mine love the ponding in my yard, this year they have had a lot of fun there due to all that rain.

Also lots of little frogs and toads around in the gras these days, the chooks are having so much fun catching those.

She is located a few hrs drive from here. I love Brad 🥰

https://www.blogto.com/tech/2022/05...rth of,provide the typical farming experience.

Back
Top Bottom