Introducing the current residents of Fluffy Butt Acres

As you can see from the front of the coop, we currently have 4 residents. Patsy, Lilly, Hattie & Jabber.
View attachment 1633815

Patsy & Lilly have been here the longest and we ar enot really certain what kind of birds they are but they are likely Black Sex Links. Hattie and Jabber have just joined the flock this summer as they were chicks we got back in April. Here are their individual photos.

Patsy
She is our alpha hen and is extremely friendly. While not a big fan of being picked up she comes right up to you and will talk and visit.
View attachment 1633817

Lilly is currently #2 in the pecking order and intends to stay there. She has become our little enforcer and she defends the flock from such terrors as squirrels, rabbits, doves, and most importantly, ducks.
View attachment 1633823

More to come on our newbies.
Ohhhh wow they are beautiful, both have such beautiful plumage :love

Our other two residents came to us in April as chicks. My wife raised them until they moved outside and then they became my responsibility.

Hattie is our lavender orpington hen. She has not starting lying yet but i expect she will once the days turn longer.
View attachment 1633834

Jabberwockie, Jabber for short, was supposed to be an Easter Egger hen, however, he is clearly not a hen.
View attachment 1633836
He and Hattie are inseperable.
Beautiful :love

OK, how about some pictures of the chicks from back in April of last year?

Let's start with Fluffy Butts, what better place?
View attachment 1633844

Here is Jabber. He was crazy from the start.
View attachment 1633846

And here is Hattie, so sweet and friendy from day 1.
View attachment 1633849
Loving this thread, and these wonderful pictures, I'm so glad I noticed your link attached to your user name. I gotta be up in 3hrs to let my troop out for their daily free range, so I'm going to read the rest of this thread later - really looking forward to reading more. Thank you so much for sharing :)

Loving this thread, and these wonderful pictures, I'm so glad I noticed your link attached to your user name. I gotta be up in 3hrs to let my troop out for their daily free range, so I'm going to read the rest of this thread later - really looking forward to reading more. Thank you so much for sharing :)

I'm glad you like. Get some sleep. :thumbsup

I love your philosophy about keeping hens regardless of eggs. I figure everyone deserves a kind and gentle retirement, once her work is done. My chickens are all pets, too (some better than others!) and I am looking forward to more about the Fluffy Butt residents. They are beautiful birds.
:goodpost: My birds are pets too, we get eggs everyday but are not big egg eaters at all, so we give the majority of the eggs away free to whoever wants them and there are plenty of people happy to take them off our hands. I'm currently in a battle to keep my birds as we've had complaints and people are trying to force us to give them up, I would be devastated if I have to give them up. I love every single one of them and I'd be lost without them. However in anticipation of us losing the case (if we do) we have found a wonderful bird sanctuary to take them to should needs be and the lovely people who run the sanctuary have guaranteed a place for all 8 of them even if it takes years before we find out the outcome. But I will never relinquish my beauties unless I am forced to by a court of law in which I case is have no choice.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom