My concern now is whether weasels / mink will get through hot poultry netting. I could put hardware cloth on the lower panels of the greenhouse frame on the sides. I want to put it on the rest of the lower part of the big run. It's done on the coop tractor except for the front doors. But unless it's all over, top and bottom, a mink would just climb up and through anyway, wouldn't it?
Is "hot poultry netting" electrified? If so nothing is getting through it. If not, yes it is possible a mink could get in that way.

Wow! That's amazing and a lovely colour combination too. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of wound did she have?
Hawk attack. I think she squirmed away somehow, and it went after Queenie and got her :hit Butters had the hackles on the back of her neck all plucked out, maybe it had grabbed her there with it's beak? I found them in two big bunches. And her shoulders and back lost some feathers in spots. I assume the talons were grabbing her and at those points she got pretty hurt. I didn't find any deep wounds though and no significant bleeding.

Hawk attack. I think she squirmed away somehow, and it went after Queenie and got her :hit Butters had the hackles on the back of her neck all plucked out, maybe it had grabbed her there with it's beak? I found them in two big bunches. And her shoulders and back lost some feathers in spots. I assume the talons were grabbing her and at those points she got pretty hurt. I didn't find any deep wounds though and no significant bleeding.
Very tragic. :hit :hugs

Back
Top Bottom