You know how far behind I am and I'm kind of reading ahead...I'd better get some chicken tax ready...lol! What is the purpose of the wire...is it to encourage them to use different nesting boxes?
The abbreviated version...

1. Phyllis is broody
  2. She chose the only nest box everyone uses
  3. The other hens have been keeping her from the nest while they are laying
  4. Yesterday, someone destroyed Phyllis nest. Throwing eggs all over the coop breaking 2 of them
  5. Last night I separated the coop so the hens can no longer get to Phyllis nest.
  6. For the first time in forever, they are using the other nest boxes

Now there are 2!

20210711_182554.jpg

She's still having contractions and her belly is still round and solid. I took video of the birth, it only took 5 minutes start to finish.

The abbreviated version...

1. Phyllis is broody
  2. She chose the only nest box everyone uses
  3. The other hens have been keeping her from the nest while they are laying
  4. Yesterday, someone destroyed Phyllis nest. Throwing eggs all over the coop breaking 2 of them
  5. Last night I separated the coop so the hens can no longer get to Phyllis nest.
  6. For the first time in forever, they are using the other nest boxes
Thank you for the catchup! Sounds like a Fluffy Butt Circus...:gig

There are times my heart just breaks for her. Frankly it would be cheaper and easier to rehome her to someone with Polish but I could never let her go. She is too wonderful and if this works right, she will be her own little leader. 😍
I can imagine...my heart too and I don't know her the way you do 💔
The future vision of her leading her own Littles is going to be amazing when it happens (it will!)

Misadventures of the new coop

Apparently hubby didn't close up the chicken yard gate today while I was at the gym.
When I got home he and the youngest rushed over to tell me how ALL SEVEN of the girls got out and walked the perimeter of the rest of the yard exploring... eating grass and the hedge they have been eyeing bc they loved destroying the portion of it enclosed in their yard.

I may have to watch the security cameras 😂

Everyone is safe and sound. 😁

Back
Top Bottom