Is it possible that chickens can fall out of love with me? I don't seem to get the same responses, that I used to get? No interest in lap sitting, and the hens seem more stand offish than usual. It feels like, they don't want to be touched. (But they still eat from my hand)
Very unusual for my flock to act this way. :confused:
How old are they? I have found, in my flock, that chicks are very friendly until they get to POL, then they may squat for me in the beginning, but they slowly pull away. This happens faster now that I have roosters. They attach to a rooster when they hit POL, and I'm second fiddle from then on. 😁

Me too, and prawns brought by the generous hunters that hunt on our land. I am an awful shot, it has to do with a quirk in my vision, that also limits the type of glasses I can wear. I can’t see out of the ones that don’t distort your face when people look through them at you. I would hate to take a poor shot and have an animal suffer for it.
Excellent self awareness. You should not hunt if you are not capable of doing it properly to cause as little suffering as possible. That is a very adult decision on your part. Kudos to you!

Back
Top Bottom