Is it possible that chickens can fall out of love with me? I don't seem to get the same responses, that I used to get? No interest in lap sitting, and the hens seem more stand offish than usual. It feels like, they don't want to be touched. (But they still eat from my hand)
Very unusual for my flock to act this way. :confused:

Maybe it's just because they are molting? I know my chickens always get really stand offish when they molt. They don't want anything to do with me (except if I have food, of course ;)).

I haven't seen eagles here but I get lots of hawks of various types and owls. And whole armies of Turkey Vultures (who I think are pure scavengers),
Turkey vultures are pure scavengers. I have never heard of them killing anything.

We have a pair of ravens that have been nesting here forever. I call them the guard ravens, and have watcheded them chase off hawks on more than one occasion.
Here in breeding season most of the medium sized birds know they can ride a raptor's blind spot on the shoulder & attack. They'll do this to protect a nest. Even when they peel away the raptor doesn't attack ~ which I find most peculiar.

Back
Top Bottom