Happy Friday from the blue crew. These girls are molting, I just cleaned out their run last night and put fresh sawdust in it. This morning it looked like someone exploded with the amount of dropped feathers. I'm torn with these girls, they all need a butt bath badly, but to do that means catching and holding them. They are warming up to me and hover around my legs, but will run away if I reach down to touch them. I know that when I give them that bath we'll be taking 10 giant leaps backwards with the progress we've made. Their eggs are clean and I'm noticing the feathers they are loosing is from the backend right now. I wonder if we can avoid the bath and they will molt the mess out. If I don't change my mind though I think I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and give them that bath in the morning. The best way to do it will be to get each girl from the run in the morning and bath her then release her instead of chasing them around. If I do this I just hope they do not hold a grudge for too long.
View attachment 2829036View attachment 2829037
I am letting Hattie molt her mess out. She was curious with me when I checked her craw last night. The butt mess can just fall out with the feathers.

A Real Roost

I put a roost in the playpen for the littles. They were all over it.
20210910_175948.jpg

Back
Top Bottom