Yep no drama at all hahaha, just some squawking and wing flapping - darn those little silkie wings, the feathers are like cat-o-nine-tails 😲 got it right in the eye, man o man that hurt.

Here is Madam Fluffy McNugget sporting an ensemble of blue flowered denim which can be paired with an over the shoulder throw.View attachment 2948889View attachment 2948890
When I pick up and carry my birds, I’m constantly saying “put your wings away” “Go on, put those wings away”

:lau I once was all ready to add a frozen lump of something I thought was meat to a sauce, bit before I did it turned out to be cookie dough (molasses, so it was dark).
Tax:
Peanut is feathering out but still shivering, she can't really fluff up yet. Her wings are all scrawny still. She is sleek now, and she looks like a pullet. All legs and big feet!
That's Popcorn next to her, and Hazel behind her.
View attachment 2948368
View attachment 2948374
They look like contented little loves

Mugshot Monday pics: 25AFC9E7-F991-4DAF-BF01-60DB62F49DFD.jpeg F4D1E49E-D4CC-4559-BEC5-6A62B6DF246D.jpeg

Not really a mugshot but I am so excited to see this picture I just had to share.
This is Maggie eating from the feeder.
Apart from a token nibble at some starter/grower feed a week ago this is the first time she has chowed down on chicken food.
She has been foraging - but there are sparse pickings out there right now - and she is always happy to eat venison, cabbage, and kefir - but this is the first real chow down I have seen.
It is feather fixer so high protein.
3E6CDC95-6151-4F8C-A60A-311F14CBE30E.jpeg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom