Who is this? Hazel of course.
PXL_20220112_210425937.jpg

Hazel and Popcorn Discussing the photo shoot
PXL_20220112_210518134.jpg

PXL_20220112_210513795.jpg

Eating the chop greens mix (from that article), Butters in front I think. I should have put the rolled oats in the processor to break them up a bit, they pick those out and eat them first. This was 1 large bunch kale, 1large bunch collards, 1 lb green beans, then Bob's Red Mill 10-Grain cereal and less old fashioned rolled oats enough so that the chop doesn't clump much together when squeezed, I would use a bit less next time, and a few roasted unsalted peanuts and raw sunflower seeds, both went in the processor so they are just bits. It's one cup divided between the bowls, so if they ate equally that's 1/4 cup each.
They got this this afternoon, about every other day, and they love it. Their poops look more like summer poops, more fibrous, which seems like a good thing.
PXL_20220112_201435488.jpg

PXL_20220112_201443770.MP.jpg

In the group eating photo that's Peanut on the right and Popcorn on the left. Hazel kind of acts the sentinel during these times and has to be coaxed to eat, I fed her the chop out of my hand.

Last edited:
View attachment 2958680

View attachment 2958706

View attachment 2958707

Eating the chop greens mix (from that article), Butters in front I think. I should have put the rolled oats in the processor to break them up a bit, they pick those out and eat them first. This was 1 large bunch kale, 1large bunch collards, 1 lb green beans, then Bob's Red Mill 10-Grain cereal and less old fashioned rolled oats enough so that the chop doesn't clump much together when squeezed, I would use a bit less next time, and a few roasted unsalted peanuts and raw sunflower seeds, both went in the processor so they are just bits. It's one cup divided between the bowls, so if they ate equally that's 1/4 cup each.
They got this this afternoon, about every other day, and they love it. Their poops look more like summer poops, more fibrous, which seems like a good thing.
View attachment 2958712
View attachment 2958713
In the group eating photo that's Peanut on the right and Popcorn on the left. Hazel kind of acts the sentinel during these times and has to be coaxed to eat, I fed her the chop out of my hand.
:drool

View attachment 2958680

View attachment 2958706

View attachment 2958707

View attachment 2958712
View attachment 2958713
They are such beautiful hens. Great photos. 🥰

Back
Top Bottom